Strap lock query

This is the place for discussing guitars, stuff like woods, and tone-related issues. Discuss guitar techniques in the separate forum.
Bent out of shape

Strap lock query

The strap on my Blackmore signature strat broke inexplicably today,  been on for about 20 years though...so...

I recalled it was quick release by pushing in to change over but appears not......thus far googled some videos without success. 

Any suggestions welcome 
Dinosaur David B

Re: Strap lock query

I don't understand what you're asking.
Every cord/cable is a cunt.
Bent out of shape

The guitar strap snapped completely,   being so long since ive changed strap am struggling to recall how to unlock to swap for a new one
Stitsel

So....your strap broke, but you're asking about the strap lock? I'm kinda confused too.On my Blackmore Sig., the Dunlop Strap Loks are recessed into the guitar body itself, and most likely glued in as well as the screw that sinks in there, holding it firm. On the actual strap lock that is attached to the strap, there's simply a  flat washer that pops on & holds the mechanism in place. Take a flat tipped screwdriver or something similar & wedge it in one of the 2 slots, & reef on it a bit, it should pop right out, releasing the male end of the strap lock. When reinstalling it on your new strap, just put the strap lock through it's hole on the strap, and pop the flat washer back in place, locking it on.

Does that make any sense?        
Dinosaur David B

https://calicoguitarworks.com/guitar-st ... tallation/. Scroll down to dunlop installation.

Yes, exactly. All you have to do is pop the retainer thingys off with a flat screwdriver or needle nose pliers. Then you can put a new strap in, put the retainer back on, and you should be good to go.

I don't think you need to do anything on the guitar side. 
Every cord/cable is a cunt.
Bent out of shape

Hey thanks,  will try shortly!