Tonechaser: killer new EVH book

Got a great new Dinosaur Rock CD, DVD or book? Get screwed on a shitty one? Let us know so we can check out the good and avoid the bad. Post your reviews here.
Stitsel

Tonechaser: killer new EVH book

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, it's been out awhile now & this is apparently the 3rd Edition....

Anyone that wants a good book on Eddie, this is it. This isn't some quick, basic 200 page or whatever book about VH, this thing is an exhaustive nearly 600 page labor of love chronicling the author's decades long relationship with Sir Edward.It's a shit ton of interviews and stories conducted over a roughly 26 yr period, tho the actual time frame of the book is longer. Disclaimer: I have NOT  completed reading this thing yet, but it's too good to wait & share...it's a long one so it might take me awhile, and I'm a bookworm! I will follow up my review once I complete it, this post here is more an announcement vs an actual review. But, it's that good. I'm only 70 or so pages in & it's awesome. A couple of chapters later is a whole chapter on Blackmore, can't wait for that. 

The cool thing I've noticed right away about this book, is the author really holds nothing back, it just feels brutally honest, but you can also feel his love for Eddie, and his music and playing. There's a lot to glean from these pages, but I won't spoil it. Suffice it to say, this thing is a must have for any VH head. Basically I can't put it down, but my reading time is limited these days to basically my free time after work, so I'm doing my best...it's a page turner for sure.

I bought mine direct, but you can find it at all the regular outlets,Amazon/eBay/Reverb etc. 

https://www.tonechaserbook.com 

Anyways, hope some of you dig this, I know I sure as hell do & it proudly has it's spot on my growing bookshelf of rock bios/books. 

Dinosaur David B

Re: Tonechaser: killer new EVH book

No kindle edition.  :roll:

Every cord/cable is a cunt.
Stitsel

Re: Tonechaser: killer new EVH book

Finally finished it a week or so ago... wow.
Great book Dino brothers, an absolute inside view of Eddie, perhaps not the only view, but a great look into the person by someone who hung with him. I'm sure there's other books about EVH out there, but this one is essential.

I hope others enjoy this as much as I did, it's not always an easy read, there's some downer moments etc., but they all lend  some gravity to the situation. Overall a really great story & Steve Rosen has a nice matter-of-fact writing style that worked for me. Lotta cool little Eddie snippets, tempered with some sobering reality, from the author's perspective. I thought it  was cool, and no need to doubt the authenticity. His bona fides are not only apparent, they're actually a provable reality; he was there.... this is well documented elsewhere. 

Anyhow, I hope all the EVH heads out there read this book, it's pretty awesome. 

5 stars for sure