Behind The Recording of ACDC's Back In Black!

Most of us are doing home recording. Here's a place to talk about it.
Dinosaur David B

Behind The Recording of ACDC's Back In Black!

Every cord/cable is a cunt.
M11

Re: Behind The Recording of ACDC's Back In Black!

Interesting. I never would've guessed that Angus used his wireless unit in the studio and that it's part of his tone.
Dinosaur David B

M11 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:02 pm Interesting. I never would've guessed that Angus used his wireless unit in the studio and that it's part of his tone.

It's kind of like Iommi and May with the Treble Booster, or Ritchie with his Awia tape machine. These things all acted like preamps and added to their sounds in the days of single gain stage amps. 

Every cord/cable is a cunt.
Tatosh Guitar

Dinosaur wrote:
M11 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:02 pm Interesting. I never would've guessed that Angus used his wireless unit in the studio and that it's part of his tone.

It's kind of like Iommi and May with the Treble Booster, or Ritchie with his Awia tape machine. These things all acted like preamps and added to their sounds in the days of single gain stage amps. 

Yeah. I get a kick when people will argue ad nauseam that EVH didn't use an overdrive pedal and that the sound of VH1 is a stock Marshall. And somehow nobody mentions the gain stage added by the Echoplex's preamp on front...