Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding cover by Metallica

Because you don't think we all know how to use YouTube's search field as well as you do, post your YouTube links and other video clips here.
Dinosaur David B

Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding cover by Metallica

Love the original. This is pretty cool.

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Haffner

Re: Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding cover by Metallica

I actually liked this, the only bummer was realizing I'd practically worshipped this song for over 50 years lol.

Davey Johnstone's hot licks were the first time I fell in love with electric lead guitar. 

The Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album is an album I'd come close to placing up there with Abbey Road or Quadrophenia. Not quite Pet Sounds or Revolver level, but it's such a magnificent Rock masterpiece imo. I'm curious where other fans of 60s and 70s Brit Rock see that album (and/or Madman Across the Water, Honky Chateau, Captain Fantastic). 
Dinosaur David B

Haffner wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:44 pm The Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album is an album I'd come close to placing up there with Abbey Road or Quadrophenia. Not quite Pet Sounds or Revolver level, but it's such a magnificent Rock masterpiece imo. I'm curious where other fans of 60s and 70s Brit Rock see that album (and/or Madman Across the Water, Honky Chateau, Captain Fantastic). 

To be honest, I think Pet Sounds is more about production greatness and Brian Wilson's vision/genius than song greatness. I love Wouldn't it be Nice, God Only Knows, and on the right day, Sloop John B., but I find the rest of the album's SONGS rather forgettable.

I like Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, and most of the other 70s Elton albums much more than Pet Sounds.  I can also say that I'm personally far more influenced by Gus Dudgeon's Elton album productions than I am by any Brian Wilson production (not that they aren't great).
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Haffner

Dinosaur wrote:
Haffner wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:44 pm The Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album is an album I'd come close to placing up there with Abbey Road or Quadrophenia. Not quite Pet Sounds or Revolver level, but it's such a magnificent Rock masterpiece imo. I'm curious where other fans of 60s and 70s Brit Rock see that album (and/or Madman Across the Water, Honky Chateau, Captain Fantastic). 

To be honest, I think Pet Sounds is more about production greatness and Brian Wilson's vision/genius than song greatness. I love Wouldn't it be Nice, God Only Knows, and on the right day, Sloop John B., but I find the rest of the album's SONGS rather forgettable.

I like Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, and most of the other 70s Elton albums much more than Pet Sounds.  I can also say that I'm personally far more influenced by Gus Dudgeon's Elton album productions than I am by any Brian Wilson production (not that they aren't great).

You're preaching to the choir, Dave. I have just adored those albums all my life. I got weirded out by Blue Moves and by that time had moved on and was in the throes of Deep Purple/Rainbow and Montrose worship.