New Guitar Projects…

This is the place for discussing guitars, stuff like woods, and tone-related issues. Discuss guitar techniques in the separate forum.
Gunner4Life

New Guitar Projects…

1. Ordered a new body and neck from Warmoth, holo flake body and 3A Birdseye neck, that will be killer.

2. Putting the chrome hardware from my existing Warmoth on the new one, and making the existing one with all black hardware.

3. Ordered another Sully, technically it is a 622FR, but will be in vain of my old 1990/91 Charvel Predator… I contacted Music Zoo about Charvel CS doing it, with pointy headstock and toothpaste logo, still waiting on the quote, but the rep said all their build times are at least 2 years out, and they will probably rape me for neck route and the logo, with a total of about 5k, cause they have a similar build in stock and that is 5k… When I asked Sully if he would do it I didn’t expect he would, and the request was already submitted… Can’t wait to see the price lol

This was what my Charvel looked like once upon a time.
IMG_2488.jpeg
IMG_2488.jpeg (159.65 KiB) Viewed 1661 times
 This is what Sully has so far.

IMG_2286.png
IMG_2286.png (5.83 MiB) Viewed 1661 times

Obviously the headstock and logo will be different, the heel will be different, knob is a little further off by request, and he won’t do dot inlays, the neck will be roasted flamed maple, my Charvel actually had a sizable amount of flame in the neck also as keeping that for expensive builds wasn’t a thing yet, alder body instead of basswood, again by request, but the essence of the guitar will be the same, his current crop of guitars might look super unique, but from a playing standpoint they are very much Jackson and Charvel influenced. The 622 guitars also have a smaller headstock than his usual 6 inline, but same shape.

Stitsel

Re: New Guitar Projects…

The only thing I don't like about this post, is you mention the builder "won't do dot inlays...." or whatever, anymore I'm like....if you won't do it, bye bye..... yeah I know it's tough finding a custom builder that does exactly, whatever you want....for a relatively decent price. I do wish to have a totally custom build, someday. I'm always customizing my existing guitars anyways, none of the manufacturers make 'em exactly how I like 'em......it's never-ending huh.

I've upgraded my Charvel, will do another thread. 

Curious to see how yours turn out :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Gunner4Life

Warmoth hit me up with a pretty nice piece of 3A birdseye here. Is it cork sniffer approved? :lol:

https://youtube.com/shorts/1kORZrbOAL4?feature=shared

eduardoritos

Gunner4Life wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:03 pm Warmoth hit me up with a pretty nice piece of 3A birdseye here. Is it cork sniffer approved? :lol:

https://youtube.com/shorts/1kORZrbOAL4?feature=shared

OMG!!
Gunner4Life