Behind the Recording of Queen's 'A Night At The Opera'

Most of us are doing home recording. Here's a place to talk about it.
Dinosaur David B

Behind the Recording of Queen's 'A Night At The Opera'

Every cord/cable is a cunt.
Dr Nick

Re: Behind the Recording of Queen's 'A Night At The Opera'

D'you know, my son's suddenly discovered Queen - on vinyl. 

So he's got a bunch of albums, LOVES this one, Day at the Races and News of the World, and is investigating II, SHA and The Game. 
Hasn't managed to get Jazz yet. 

Osky

Dr wrote:Sat Jan 03, 1970 9:50 pm D'you know, my son's suddenly discovered Queen - on vinyl. 

So he's got a bunch of albums, LOVES this one, Day at the Races and News of the World, and is investigating II, SHA and The Game. 

The 'Black side' (side 2) of Queen 2 is sublime and one of the best ways of spending 15-20 mins ever! Sheer Heart Attack was my first ever 'proper' album got it for my 10th birthday in 1975, I still love it today! If he's enjoying Queen can I recommend the Blu Ray of the 1974 Rainbow concert, fantastic early footage much better than the 1975 Old Grey Whistle Test gig that the Beeb are always showing. Jazz IMHO is quite underrated, not quite up to SHA or Opera due to a couple of filler tunes but there's some killer stuff on there too. 
Osky

Osky wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:23 pm
Dr wrote:Sat Jan 03, 1970 9:50 pm D'you know, my son's suddenly discovered Queen - on vinyl. 

The 'Black side' (side 2) of Queen 2 is sublime and one of the best ways of spending 15-20 mins ever! Sheer Heart Attack was my first ever 'proper' album got it for my 10th birthday in 1975, I still love it today! Can I recommend the Blu Ray of the 1974 Rainbow concert, fantastic early footage and much better than the 1975 Old Grey Whistle Test gig that the Beeb are always showing. Jazz IMHO is quite underrated, not quite up to SHA or Opera due to a couple of filler tunes but there's some killer stuff on there too.