im divorced again

Drink will flow, blood will spill.
Here's where you discuss stuff that doesn't fall under the other topics. Doesn't even have to be music-related.
bourbonsamurai

im divorced again

this is number 3 for me, and its safe to say im done with the idea.  no sane woman is going to put up with a person that works as much as i do.  although, come to think of it, how would i know?  ive only married the insane.  lol
cvansickle

Re: im divorced again

If I were in NOLA tonight, I would buy you a drink after you get off work. I think most of us have been there.
bourbonsamurai

cvansickle wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:03 pm If I were in NOLA tonight, I would buy you a drink after you get off work. I think most of us have been there.

my most recent marriage was my longest.  8 years married.  im continually disappointed by my entire adult lifespan of failed relationships.  ive been the predator, as much as the prey, too.  ive been very successful in every other aspect of life, but i just cant get relationships right.  the last time my oldest daughter visited me, she said, "i finally understand you dad, now im grown, cuz i dont like anybody, either."  funny. she definitely has my sense of humor in that, our jokes really aint jokes.
Joebuddha

Brother I am sorry.
Divorce sucks real bad, at least for me it has.  
I hope you are well man. 
bourbonsamurai

Joebuddha wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:19 am Brother I am sorry.
Divorce sucks real bad, at least for me it has.  
I hope you are well man. 

i am well enough, and thanks.  im a pretty lucky man, really.  im in a rewarding third career, and im grateful for that.  tonight, i had a table ask what station i was cooking, so they knew what to order.  theyre personal friends, but it still made me feel great.  how many are so fortunate?  just cuz life is sometimes hard, doesnt mean it aint good.
Tatosh Guitar

I have been divorced once, and have been remarried for 8 years now. Things haven't been easy this last year because I just work too much. My current job also involves a lot of traveling, and the fact I have infant daughters makes things specially hard for the wife. I am pretty sure a second divorce would devastate me, and it would probably be the last one for me. I love women and would probably try to play the field (and make a fool out of myself) like I used to do in my 30s, but I wouldn't remarry again. It is just not worth the hassle.

I am glad you are ok man. I really admire the way you look at life, and I always look forward to your posts. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

eduardoritos

I suposse I have to tell "good luck on your new life".

I have three bad to very bad relations that prevent me to do something with a new woman. I'm mad with girls; I really enjoy taking time with them (not only sex), but, man, why I find only mad chicks?

In a previous post you say that this divorce came from long ago, so not a surprise. I suposse you're pass the duel alredy, so... new year, new life, new girl (or not). Anyway, enjoy!
Duojett71

Sorry to hear this Cary. At least you have some great kids to show from those relationships. 
Haffner

Hang in there, Cary. Things get better.
bourbonsamurai

Duojett71 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:51 am Sorry to hear this Cary. At least you have some great kids to show from those relationships. 

That much is the case, at least.  Although Margaux convinced half my hometown I was dead last year after she couldn't reach me for three days, lol.  Now she's grown, she has decided that dad is again acceptable company.