Alex Van Halen book coming

Here's a place for current news items that may be of interest to forumites.
Dinosaur David B

Re: Alex Van Halen book coming

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Duojett71

merlo_zeppelin wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:42 pm
Dinosaur wrote:
eduardoritos wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:39 am I think I'll read it, because Alex is kind of a mistery to me; he's a brillant drummer on Top #5 of all time rock drummers, but still, he don't speaks a lot about himself.

He could have a daw plug-in, kind of Alex VH's kit, and sell a hell of money. He has a signature snare, but not much talk about it. No drum course, no nothing.
Everybody in that level has a thing, sauf Alex.
It works, but his tempo is all over the place. :lol:

you really think so? I also think he's top 5 rock drummers. Amazing snare drum sound, inventive grooves (Jump solo section), unique swing feel (the same feel as Eddie's, that one thing everyone from Phil X to Nuno talks about). I never really picked on any issues with his tempo, not like Nicko McBrain from Maiden (who I love) but it's gotta have the most inconsistent tempo from any major rock band.

Yeah I Agree. Alex is one of the greatest rock drummers of all time. You’re totally right about how much that dude could swing. Amazing drummer. I never felt he was all over the place time wise either. He was a busy drummer for sure, but it always fit the songs. 

Tatosh Guitar

Alex was all over the place, tempo wise. The first time I head some of his isolated drum parts was quite an eye-opener, to be honest. 

Same was Ed, for what is worth.