Laney LA Studio + Iommi Treble Booster test clips

This is the forum for discussion and questions regarding Amplifiers, yours, or someone elses.
Dinosaur David B

Laney LA Studio + Iommi Treble Booster test clips

Proof of concept: Trying to get the Tony sound with the new gear.

I did 3 clips without the Treble Booster, 3 clips without. Excuse the playing. 
laneytestbounces.zip
(6.49 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
Chain is:
Chubtone Superstrat with Duncan Custom Custom>Laney LA Studio>(virtual) Laney 412 with Goodmans 
and
Chubtone Superstrat with Duncan Custom Custom>Iommi Treble Booster>Laney LA Studio>(virtual) Laney 412 with Goodmans 

Even without the Treble Boost, you can hear the early Black Sabbath DNA in the voicing of the amp, but it's also VERY MUCH in the cab with the (almost fuzzy) Goodmans. They're pretty fuzzy even when driven by a Marshall. To get a later Sabbath sound (say, Reunion era), I think I'd just change to a cab with Celestion G12Hs. 

Throw in the Treble Booster and the tone is pretty authentic (IMO).  Even without an SG with HBs or P90s.

Anyway, I'm pretty satisfied that I can finally dial up a Tony sound when I want one. 

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Dr Nick

Re: Laney LA Studio + Iommi Treble Booster test clips

Oh yes that treble booster is it. 

Getting vibes of when I saw H&H on that amazing tour - Tony's tone was just astounding. 

Envy+++
Dinosaur David B

Re: Laney LA Studio + Iommi Treble Booster test clips

Dr wrote:Sat Jan 03, 1970 9:44 pm Getting vibes of when I saw H&H on that amazing tour - Tony's tone was just astounding. 

Tony's sound live is like a glorious punch to the sternum. Throw in Geezer's bass and it rearranges your chromosomes.  :music-deathmetal:

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.