The proud for a great former student

Drink will flow, blood will spill.
Here's where you discuss stuff that doesn't fall under the other topics. Doesn't even have to be music-related.
eduardoritos

The proud for a great former student

I have no childrens, but I have some former students from my teacher years.

This one, in particular, is awesome; we've meet when he was 15 years old (now he's 33). He was a difficult kid, with medicated OTC, and family problems.
He was... imposible to live with. I was the combo teacher and he alredy was playing like a pro. I only taught him two thing: play what the song needs and "if you don't rehearse, you don't play" (I did a whole concert on drums to teach him that nobody cares about the drummer, if the song grooves).

In that video you can watch Daniel playing for Jean-Marie Ecay; Jean-Marie is a spanish/frech player, sometimes hired by people like Billy Cobhan (imagine the level of playing of that guy).

I'm proud of him like a father and former bandmate too.

Enjoy!

Dr Nick

Re: The proud for a great former student

Love it! I have similar feelings for my son. 

Maybe there's something about drumming and neurodiversity. 

eduardoritos

Re: The proud for a great former student

Dr wrote:Sat Jan 03, 1970 9:42 pm Love it! I have similar feelings for my son. 

Maybe there's something about drumming and neurodiversity. 

Maybe; playing drums is a mixture of OTC (because the way you learn, repeating little things again and again), and multi-directional atention while playing, more on a context of coletive improvisation. You have to pay attention to your playing and other's, to respond to many simoultaneous musical informations. For regular people that's crazy, but maybe, to neurodivergent peolple, it's a source of focus.