Myles Goodwyn of April Wine

I'm getting better! No, you're not -- you'll be stone dead in a moment.
pprovost

Myles Goodwyn of April Wine

According to CBC News, April Wine frontman Myles Goodwyn has died. He was 75.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-sco ... -1.7047852

RIP, Sir

Stitsel

Re: Myles Goodwyn of April Wine

Yes....I was and always will be a massive April Wine fan. Severely underrated rock band. Myles was an old school triple threat : songwriter, vocalist and guitarist...all 3 of which he did very well. It could be debatable here whether or not he qualified as Dino, but to me there's absolutely no question. He was actually a pretty killer guitar player, I witnessed him live at least 6 or 7 times & he always brought the goods. Pure meat & potatoes LP>Marshall setup.Live he actually did the lions share of leadwork, sure Greenway did a fair amount too but it always seemed like about a 60/40 split.....a lot of those iconic licks people are familiar with were usually him. 

I know they're probably just as well known for their "chick type" ballads, but there was at least a solid 4 album run that was pretty consistent and solid hard rock : First Glance, Harder Faster, The Nature Of The Beast and Powerplay.....stellar songwriting and guitar playing. 

He will be missed.

RIP Myles

Duojett71

April Wine was a great band. Especially when they brought in Brian Greenway to round out the 3 guitar lineup. Myles was a great songwriter and excellent singer and player. RIP Myles...
axe

Well guys I wasn't gonna comment in this thread because I'm not a fan of April Wine. But musical taste is subjective and a matter of opinion yes? 
I feel bad Myles died and I certainly don't mean him any disrespect.
But that band was lame IMO. The only track I can stomach is Sign Of The Gypsy Queen.
Now you may say " axe it wasn't necessary to comment if you don't like them".
​​​​​Not necessary true, but if we're gonna have discussions here we can't just always agree on everything.
I kinda miss the outlaw vibe DRG had in the early days. Sometimes I feel we've gotten too safe.
​​​​
axe 

cvansickle

I remember hearing "Roller" for the first time in 1979, and being knocked out by it! But nothing after that really had the same impact on me, although "All Over Town" had some cool hooks in it. And I have to give them props for writing a song called "If You See Kay!"

RIP

Stitsel

axe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:25 pm Well guys I wasn't gonna comment in this thread because I'm not a fan of April Wine. But musical taste is subjective and a matter of opinion yes? 
I feel bad Myles died and I certainly don't mean him any disrespect.
But that band was lame IMO. The only track I can stomach is Sign Of The Gypsy Queen.
Now you may say " axe it wasn't necessary to comment if you don't like them".
​​​​​Not necessary true, but if we're gonna have discussions here we can't just always agree on everything.
I kinda miss the outlaw vibe DRG had in the early days. Sometimes I feel we've gotten too safe.
​​​​
axe 

Eh, I don't care about that; that's fine. What I hate is when people go ballistic just 'cuz someone else doesn't have the same opinion as them....about whatever. I saw Mammoth WVH the other night & opener Nita Strauss's drummer had a black T on with big white letters that said QUIT BEING OFFENDED.....I loved that.