Should Geddy and Alex reform as Rush?

Drink will flow, blood will spill.
Here's where you discuss stuff that doesn't fall under the other topics. Doesn't even have to be music-related.
Baddstuff

Should Geddy and Alex reform as Rush?

quite a bit of chatter on social media about Geddy and Alex getting back together. Some of the fans seem fine with them calling themselves Rush and playing Rush material. Some would prefer a new band and new material. I fall into the new band new material camp. One thing I don't think fans think about is how they reunite affects their next drummer's job. 
Should they continue as Rush playing Rush songs then the drummer will have to be a Peart clone. I don't think there's any way around that. Peart was an iconic drummer with iconic drum parts. Rush fans are not going to want a drummer coming in and improvising. The fans that air drum at the shows want the drum fills in Tom Sawyer and YYZ. They will want Xanadu played as Neil played it. The new drummer has to be OK with being a Peart clone. A rather thankless job in my opinion. If Geddy and Alex decide on a new band writing new material that automatically frees up the drummer to be himself. A much more attractive option for any drummer. Anyone here have any opinion on this? 
Dinosaur David B

Re: Should Geddy and Alex reform as Rush?

IF they want to play again, I think they should get Portnoy and tour as RASH. Ged's already got the T-shirt.

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Bytor

I have one as well. It took some time to find a 4x. The looks I get from people when I wear it are priceless :mrgreen:

I agree, I think they should perform as RASH too.
cvansickle

I would like to see Geddy and Alex play some kind of tribute show for Neil using a bevy of drummers, much like what Warren Haynes did with the Gov't Mule Deep End albums and shows with bassists when Allen Woody died.