new warm audio pedals

A forum for discussing guitar effects.
bourbonsamurai

new warm audio pedals

ok, so warm audio dropped two new repro pedal clones today.  the first being the odd, which is an ocd version 1.1 copy.  fulltone put out 8 versions of this circuit during its production.  the very first version is really hard to get your hands on, and is quite different from the others.  versions 1.2-1.7, all have some kinda midrange color added.  the ocd v2, which is the 8th and final iteration, is similarly flat eq wise, as the 1.1, but its very compressed, whereas the 1.1 is skys the limit wide open.  i own a 1.2, and a 1.4.  theyre cool, but not like a 1.1.  if this warm audio repro is as good as their other pedals, THIS IS THE ONE YOU WANT, driving your big iron 100+w fenders, marshall jmps, mesa mk2s and mk3s, etc.  SOMEBODY SEND SYKES AND ALDRICH THIS PEDAL FFS!  the other new warm pedal is the phaser, which i dont care about except, if theyre doing this, could a mutron octave divider also be in the works?  if i could get my hands on a sonically accurate, reliable octave divider, id never turn the fuckin thing off.
cvansickle

Re: new warm audio pedals

I saw a Facebook post about that ODD, and I need to follow up on that one. I don't really need another overdrive, but, you know...

I remember trying an OCD at a guitar show shortly after they came out, and I was very underwhelmed. The hype surrounding that pedal on The Gear Page was mind boggling, with buyers immediately flipping theirs for huge profits. Maybe the one I tried didn't have the right amp paired with it, I don't know. Some time later (2009), DRG member A.J. Huckleberry came to the Dino jam at Dave's house in Boston. He brought his OCD and a G&L guitar, and his sound was INCREDIBLE!
bourbonsamurai

Re: new warm audio pedals

cvansickle wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:39 pm I saw a Facebook post about that ODD, and I need to follow up on that one. I don't really need another overdrive, but, you know...

I remember trying an OCD at a guitar show shortly after they came out, and I was very underwhelmed. The hype surrounding that pedal on The Gear Page was mind boggling, with buyers immediately flipping theirs for huge profits. Maybe the one I tried didn't have the right amp paired with it, I don't know. Some time later (2009), DRG member A.J. Huckleberry came to the Dino jam at Dave's house in Boston. He brought his OCD and a G&L guitar, and his sound was INCREDIBLE!

the variation in sound from version to version can be pretty drastic.  when i bought my v1.2, i was disappointed.  i didnt realize it was a different circuit than the 1.1 yet.  if this odd pedal is a true to form clone, im all in.  the warm centavo is a pretty damn nice klon pedal, so im optimistic.