Another NGD… I Needed Something Other Than A Bunch Of Les Pauls

This is the place for discussing guitars, stuff like woods, and tone-related issues. Discuss guitar techniques in the separate forum.
bourbonsamurai

Re: Another NGD… I Needed Something Other Than A Bunch Of Les Pauls

lmao that yr new guitar you needed "other than a bunch of les pauls", is a les paul..  trust, i understand.  theyre like crack.  i think youre the only person i know thats owned more pauls than i have.  its ok to be a sick fuck, though.  on the real, nice as hell heritage!
Gunner4Life

So after some time with it, here is an honest assessment:

There is something about this Heritage that makes it feel different from a Les Paul, the frets are Jescar frets so they feel a little different from those used by Gibson. Also, the other thing is less physical and more of an internal feeling… One exudes a certain attitude when playing a Les Paul, I don’t feel that with the Heritage.

The neck is essentially a 50’s neck, playing back to back with my Slash Les Paul the necks feel virtually identical. 

As a player, it holds up, if not surpasses any Gibson I ever played at this price point, far better guitar than the Les Paul Classic. Sound wise, again it’s a Les Paul. Still plan to swap out the bridge pickup for something hotter but the Duncan 59’s are certainly great. Bottom line, if you don’t have a Les Paul, and want a Les Paul, get a Gibson Les Paul, I get it, the headstock, the pickguard, the poker chip, if you want a Les Paul more than likely it’s because that’s what your favorite players play, I GET IT, this will give you the same level of fulfillment as an Epiphone… If you own Les Paul’s, and are in the market for another, and/or all the trivial things, that make this different from a Les Paul, means nothing to you, this is a top notch alternative, especially if you want something markedly better, but not willing to splurge on a Gibson reissue.
bourbonsamurai

Gunner4Life wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:12 pm So after some time with it, here is an honest assessment:

There is something about this Heritage that makes it feel different from a Les Paul, the frets are Jescar frets so they feel a little different from those used by Gibson. Also, the other thing is less physical and more of an internal feeling… One exudes a certain attitude when playing a Les Paul, I don’t feel that with the Heritage.

The neck is essentially a 50’s neck, playing back to back with my Slash Les Paul the necks feel virtually identical. 

As a player, it holds up, if not surpasses any Gibson I ever played at this price point, far better guitar than the Les Paul Classic. Sound wise, again it’s a Les Paul. Still plan to swap out the bridge pickup for something hotter but the Duncan 59’s are certainly great. Bottom line, if you don’t have a Les Paul, and want a Les Paul, get a Gibson Les Paul, I get it, the headstock, the pickguard, the poker chip, if you want a Les Paul more than likely it’s because that’s what your favorite players play, I GET IT, this will give you the same level of fulfillment as an Epiphone… If you own Les Paul’s, and are in the market for another, and/or all the trivial things, that make this different from a Les Paul, means nothing to you, this is a top notch alternative, especially if you want something markedly better, but not willing to splurge on a Gibson reissue.

jescars are the best frets going, but for sure different on any gibson type guitar.  the evos are particularly nice, as long as gold frets arent an issue.
Dinosaur David B

Friend of mine got a Heritage back in the day. At that particular time, Gibsons were more miss than hit and the Heritage was better made (comparably priced, if not a bit cheaper) and the finishes were just as good. His plan was to put a trem on it anyway, so it made sense to go with a thinner/lighter body.  Plus Gary had one, which for us at the time, was a stamp of "cool" approval. 

The thing with the Heritage is that they're really nice guitars, but as with any LP that isn't a Gibson, it has a different cache' and you'll be lucky to break even on a resell. I doubt anyone under 40 knows what they are. 
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Gunner4Life

Based on what I’ve seen on Reverb, as far as resale, the Heritage H150 Standard and Gibson Les Paul Classic/Standard maintain about the same amount of their value, the Heritage sells new at $2600, and used ones sell for $1700 to $1900, the Classic is $2500 new, and goes for $1500 to $1800, the Standard is $3000 new, and $2000 to $2200 used. They aren’t as unpopular as you might think.
Dinosaur David B

I don't think they're unpopular. I think they're not widely known these days.  
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.