theres nothing like a lester..

This is the place for discussing guitars, stuff like woods, and tone-related issues. Discuss guitar techniques in the separate forum.
bourbonsamurai

theres nothing like a lester..

if i had only one guitar with which to put food on the table, no doubt, its gotta be a tele, but since im doing that with tongs and a skillet these days, nothing beats a les paul.  a good one just has this joyful life to it, that ive never found in another guitar.  in terms of ones total sound, i think amps are more crucial, but the guitar is the hands on interface.  when its ringing like a bell, and trying to jump outta your hands, theres nothing like a good les paul.
cvansickle

Re: theres nothing like a lester..

I agree completely. Although lately I've developed a fondness for Tele shaped guitars myself, I always come back to a les Paul as my number one, the Silverburst Custom I've had since 1980.
bourbonsamurai

Re: theres nothing like a lester..

cvansickle wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:48 pm I agree completely. Although lately I've developed a fondness for Tele shaped guitars myself, I always come back to a les Paul as my number one, the Silverburst Custom I've had since 1980.

teles trump the other classic guitar types due to their sheer versatility.  theres nothing it cant do, and sound great doing it!