Brewster - Gary Moore Soloing Secrets

A place to discuss specific playing techniques.
Dinosaur David B

Brewster - Gary Moore Soloing Secrets

Interesting what he chose to cover, here. Not so much licks per-se, but more about melodic concepts and note targeting (which is one of those things that separates the men from the boys). 

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Tatosh Guitar

Re: Brewster - Gary Moore Soloing Secrets

Thanks for posting this. I have learned a lot from David. I think the format he uses is not the best, but he has a good heart and covers stuff I am interested in. 

I will watch it asap!
Dinosaur David B

Tatosh wrote:Sat Jan 03, 1970 9:02 pm  I think the format he uses is not the best

I agree. His choices for what to cover, and the way he breaks up information like the (3-for-all licks) feels a little disjointed to me (I organize information for a living). If I had his skill and knowledge, I'd organize it like Alchemy. But I guess his way lets him continually create new content.

He's a killer player, DEFINITELY a DINO, and he knows his shit inside and out. 
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
merlo_zeppelin

Monster player, would be nice to have him in the forum. I guess the guy doesn't go too in depth in the videos cause he would be basically giving away his knowledge for free. 
Chord Tone soloing is another thing I learned first on DRG, back when I was like 17 I made a topic asking for advice on how to sound more melodic and Joebudha explained the concept.
eduardoritos

He plays great, he knows what's teaching and he sounds great through a BEHRINGER V-AMP.
bourbonsamurai

i love this dude.  his personality is as though mr rogers is side hustling a mean guitar youtube channel