Michael Romeo and Dino Jelusick

Because you don't think we all know how to use YouTube's search field as well as you do, post your YouTube links and other video clips here.
Snoogans

Michael Romeo and Dino Jelusick

Official DRG Threadkiller
Haffner

Re: Michael Romeo and Dino Jelusick

First thing I ever liked by Romeo and a very cool song! Might have to do something with that Dino kid in the future.
eduardoritos

Dino is awesome in many ways, but, IMO, he should decide how to manage his carrer. It's  very confusing.
It's a solo artist? It's a hired gun? It's a band leader?
Dinosaur David B

eduardoritos wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:06 pm Dino is awesome in many ways, but, IMO, he should decide how to manage his carrer. It's  very confusing.
It's a solo artist? It's a hired gun? It's a band leader?

:text-goodpost:

You make a good point. He seems to be doing everything that comes his way at the moment. Nothing wrong with that, but it makes you wonder why a guy this good hasn't got a better gig yet. He'd be an upgrade over most singers.  Maybe that changes if he really takes the baton from Coverdale and joins Whitesnake. Maybe not.

If I were he, I'd be trying to get into Red Dragon Cartel, or even Last in Line (not that those are elite gigs). But hook up with SOME established guitarist and start writing songs. Better songs than the one above. He did that with Lynch in Dirty Shirley, but Lynch was playing quirky rather than fiery, so IMO, it never reached its full potential. 

Every cord/cable is a cunt.
Dinosaur David B

Here's Dino adding more BALLS to this Boston song than it ever had:

Despite Hoekstra's overplaying -- which he seems to do on everything.
Every cord/cable is a cunt.
Tatosh Guitar

Dinosaur wrote: Here's Dino adding more BALLS to this Boston song than it ever had:

Despite Hoekstra's overplaying -- which he seems to do on everything.

I think we discussed this version months ago... Yeap, this is an awesome version. 

Hoekstra is a monster player, but I will agree he just overplays. 

I just heard that Rome song and it's not exactly my cup of tea. Yeah, everything is well played and Dino sounds awesome. but it seems the older I get, the less interested I am in this sort of thing.

Haffner

Not a fan of Hoekstra, but it's fun hearing classic Coverdale do Boston.

You know...though David is one of my top favorite vocalists, I think Dino actually does his voice even better than HE did in his prime. Which I realize is saying one heck of a lot...feel free to shoot me for the Sacrilege.
Tatosh Guitar

Haffner wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:18 pm
You know...though David is one of my top favorite vocalists, I think Dino actually does his voice even better than HE did in his prime. Which I realize is saying one heck of a lot...feel free to shoot me for the Sacrilege.

Big words dude... I kinda get what you are saying. Kinda...  :D

merlo_zeppelin

As much as I love Coverdale, he was never 100% consistent live. You can blame that on the partying, chain smoking, endless tours, lack of vocal rest and proper technique. 
Dino, and other singers these days, don't party as hard, usually don't smoke, don't do world tours, and access to proper technique is much easier now, rock singers, as guitar players,  were usually self taught back in the day.