Hand/wrist pain and guitar neck size

A place to discuss specific playing techniques.
bourbonsamurai

Hand/wrist pain and guitar neck size

playLouD said:

Back in 07, I bought a CIJ Fender Strat, and that thing had a surprisingly skinny neck. Tendon issues quickly followed. Today, I like my necks to be baseball bats where possible. Love the feel and it's easy on the tendons for some reason.

[/quote]
the all out baseball bat is too much for me. in order to play that standing up, i'd need my guitar directly under my chin. my favorite carve is the Fender 10/56.
Dr Nick

Re: Hand/wrist pain and guitar neck size

Don't know about neck size, but I've recently realised that the elbow/forearm problems I've been having in my left arm, and blaming on diving, are in fact from playing guitar, and in particular, bass!

Dammit, getting old SUCKS. 
M11

Re: Hand/wrist pain and guitar neck size

Dr wrote:Sat Jan 03, 1970 8:29 pm Don't know about neck size, but I've recently realised that the elbow/forearm problems I've been having in my left arm, and blaming on diving, are in fact from playing guitar, and in particular, bass!

Dammit, getting old SUCKS.
I've been playing the Rickenbacker bass a lot and it's taking its toll on my left shoulder, probably because of the thin strap without any sort of padding I'm using and of course, age. :(