DRG Site and Forum Upgrades happening before xmas

Where old threads go to die.
Dinosaur David B

DRG Site and Forum Upgrades happening before xmas

Hi all,

DRG will be going through require upgrades before the end of the year. On Dec 19, the main site software will be upgraded from Drupal 7.x to 9.x. During the upgrade the main site content will be offline.

On Dec 24, we will upgrade the Forum. We will be moving from the Vanilla forum software back to phpBB which we used years ago, and I think we'll all like it a lot better. You shouldn't have to do anything but log in with your current credentials.

During the upgrade the Forum will be offline.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
M11

Re: DRG Site and Forum Upgrades happening before xmas

Merry Christmas fellow Dinos! :music-guitarred:

If you're reading this, you've already noticed that the forum has a new look and feel.

We've replaced the Vanilla Forums software with the latest version of phpBB.

We've also been able to migrate most, if not all, users, threads, and posts from the previous forum. Some old threads such as the personal Alchemy profiles are back! The only thing we couldn't migrate were the private messages, signatures, and avatars. You'll have to upload your avatar and set your signature in the User Control Panel.

We may encounter a few hiccups with the software during the following days but not to worry, we'll be working on them and getting them resolved as soon as possible.
Bytor

I like it!! :music-rockon: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
mr_crowley

Feels like coming back home to vintage DRG! I like it 8-) Good job! :music-rockon:
Dinosaur David B

Yeah, we were on phpbb back in the early 2000s. Definitely some things are better with this board than with the Vanilla brand forum.
Tatosh Guitar

I wasn't a member yet back when this was the look of the board, but I remember it from when I was lurking. It took a bit to get used to it now, I'll admit.
Dinosaur David B

Tatosh Guitar wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:03 pm It took a bit to get used to it now, I'll admit.
There's still some things we'll probably tweak and features we'll add. Like the ability to "like" someone else's post. I'm not in love with the BBcode stuff, either. Don't know why in 2022 this can't all be a WYSIWYG editor.