Stryper, Santiago, Chile 09/12/2019

Put any concert reviews you might want to do, here.
M11

Great show, I'm no christian myself so I never connected with their message but holy shit do these guys rock. The entire band played great especially Oz Fox and Michael Sweet whose voice barely shows any signs of age (if my ears didn't deceive me Honestly was the only song they played in a lower key). Their tone was great as well, Michael played through JCM 900 heads if I'm not mistaken and Oz used, from what I could tell, Mesas and their signature yellow & black guitars.

Here's the setlist:

Soldiers Under Command

Loving You

Calling on You

Free

More Than a Man

All for One

Surrender

All She Wrote (FireHouse cover)

Honestly

In God We Trust

Always There for You

Sorry

Yahweh

Sing-Along Song

Encore:

The Abyss

The Valley

To Hell With the Devil

Dr Nick

Nice set list.

MS has kept his pipes in very good shape over the years, no question.

The real bummer is, Oz Fox has brain tumours, which are benign but will cause trouble if left.

One's attached to an auditory nerve, so treatment will render him completely deaf in one ear.

Seriously bad news for a professional musician.
Duojett71

Stryper is such a great live band and Michael's voice seems to have gotten better with age. He sounds amazing in concert. I have seen them twice in the last 5 years. Sweet is also a pretty underrated guitarist. Oz usually gets the accolades in that band but Sweet certainly holds his own with him. It seems Sweet does more of the lead work on recent Stryper albums than Fox....but I could be mistaken. Great set list. My only complaint with them live is the inclusion of those terrible piano ballads like "Honestly". I always hated when Stryper would put those on the albums. It was like they did those for the sole purpose of having a hit on the Christian charts.