Queen 8-18-2019

Put any concert reviews you might want to do, here.
Bytor

Queen 8-18-2019

Tampa Florida.

8:00pm start time. No opening act.. Show length approx 2:40 minutes..

An incredible show! Awesome! Queen still brings the house down.. Adam Lambert was/is perfect for that role.. All the old classics were played. I would have preferred "Bohemian Rhapsody" to have been the encore instead of "We Will Rock You" but that's relatively insignificant. Brian May still sound just unbelievably good. Image

The opening curtain.

I would not be surprised at all if this were the last tour.. Lambert mentioned this was their 8th year. It hasn't seemed that long.. Brian had noticeable difficulty moving about. He's 72 and Roger Taylor is 70. They used a secondary drummer mostly hidden side stage.

https://www.facebook.com/sheleen.olson/ ... 97728/?t=0

I hope you guys can see this video,, my wife's cell phone from FB.. In this video Brian May is out at the point of the peninsula with a 12 string performing alone with a single spot on him.. The arena was dark DARK, until this happened... Of course you cannot see the cell phone flashlights from the people facing away from us but the place was lit up like day light. B) Roger and Adam came out, drum set up out of the floor and they did a couple numbers including "Crazy Little Thing Called Love".. Also, twice during the show Freddy appears.. Very well done.. All in all, an excellent show.. If they come close, go see them..

EugenicScum

Queen 8-18-2019

Brian May's Instagram had updates from this one. Glad you got to see this!
Duojett71

Queen 8-18-2019

Oh wow....I actually did not realize they were touring. Lambert has been in the band 8 years already? Geez.....Roger Taylor was only 62....lol....

Who played the piano and keyboard parts? Was there someone off or on stage? I have no idea if Lambert plays piano. Glad you enjoyed the show. Sounds like it was amazing.
Bytor

Queen 8-18-2019

Duojett71 said:Who played the piano and keyboard parts? Was there someone off or on stage? I have no idea if Lambert plays piano. Glad you enjoyed the show. Sounds like it was amazing.

[/quote]
The Piano/keyboard guy is someone they said has been with them for quite some time. Spike Edney

The bassist was a fella out of England (Neil Fairclough) and the dual drummer was a Nashville guy, Tyler Warren ...

Demented Ted

Queen 8-18-2019

Saw the show last year,it was indeed great.I think Lambert does as good a job as anybody could hope to do. Brian

and Roger are still killing it,and it was a great stage show.Seeing Brian play and sing "Love Of My Life" (with the crowd

singing along) never gets old.I hope they keep going as long as they can.Great to see a younger generation getting turned on to the Queen repertoire.