Time To Play...New Guitar Day

2»

Comments

• LerxstFanLerxstFan Posts: 4,788
    I do like the look of this tele way more with a plain black pickguard. I threw on a set of Dunlop brass straplocks and some new strings today. The neck on this guitar is wonderful and it sounds awesome. I suppose it's time to learn some Stones. I've been playing some Hendrix, Rush, Free and even a little Marley on it so far. 

I even got an Arizona approved strap today...

• StitselStitsel Posts: 2,208
    Nice looking guitar  B)
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,955
    Oh yes, it definitely looks a lot better with the black pickguard, which also suits more the chrome humbucker.  :+1: 
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,662
    Bad ass guitar! Congrats! 

... and congrats on start playing again! That's a big plus :D 

Out of curiosity, what amp is that?
    It's an "Inmyhands Special", better known as a McMusicSound MV3484. That is, he dreamt it up and asked an amp builder in Nashville to build it for him based off a current amp the guy was already building. Inmyhands raved about it and since I was looking for a low wattage amp, I called the same guy up and had him build me one as well as a 1x12 cab. It runs 2 12AX7 preamp tubes and either an EL34 or EL84 power tube. I absolutely love it for what I do.  
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,662
    Cool! Looks bad ass! I bet it sounds vicious with that Tele of yours.

Teles are, in my opinion, the best guitar design ever. They can actually do everything if you just know how to handle 'em. 
    Teles are, in my opinion, the best guitar design ever. They can actually do everything if you just know how to handle 'em. 

Well now, that explains it all. I have no idea how to handle it... =)
  • bourbonsamuraibourbonsamurai Posts: 1,646
    Cool! Looks bad ass! I bet it sounds vicious with that Tele of yours.

truly.  it's the simplicity and complete serviceability of the design that makes it happen.  it's really in your hands, and all up to you, as soon as you pick it up!
    I'm really starting to dig this guitar, but boy do I suck...

• cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,303
    If you're playing, you don't suck.
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 18,386
    If you're playing, you don't suck.
    I don't think that's categorically true. 

Not that I think it applies to Chuck, either. He likely just needs to kick the rust off. 
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
    Lots of rust, but I am taking it slow so I don't neglect stuff. Lots of strumming chords and working on basic scales/patterns to build hand strength and coordination.