I made another wacky music video

Hey guys, once again this is not exactly dino music, but I do play a guitar solo in the song, and it has the same sense of humor as my last one, so I thought you might get a kick out of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q145O-EkxSM

I used my real BC Rich for this shoot, and I'm wearing a bootleg Van Halen shirt, so the dino influence is there in a way.

Also if any of you guys played Mortal Kombat or Mario Kart as a kid, this will probably resonate.
My music videos and everything else: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCledLngWDeoZ0rzjIU6Pxzw

Comments

• That's unusual. At least for here.  ;)
    When I was 16, I had three bumper stickers on the back of my Dodge Dart: The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, and The WHO.  Not much has changed. 
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,611
            Max Headroom meets The Cars at a video game convention? I don't know. I'm sure it takes a lot of talent to create the video but I do wish you would play the guitar rather than wear the guitar.
            It's just my opinion  that If a guitarist is in a music video with a guitar strapped on and music is happening his hands should be actively involved in playing the music the viewer is listening to. The video itself was very impressive but a non-guitarist could have handled the role you've cast yourself in. A guitarist's guitar should be a co-star in any music video they appear in together.
            I'm sorry. I love the guitar. Seeing such a fine guitar used more as a prop than an instrument is a bit depressing to me. You have a lot of musical talent in writing, producing, editing, etc. We know that. You've proven that! If you're not going to share the stage 50% / 50% with your guitar just don't include the guitar in the video at all.

I apologize. I needed to say what I said.

Rick
  • EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    I enjoyed the hell out of the song and the video, but yes you should've been playing the instrument on the video. 
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,739
    I like the song more than the first one you posted a while back. Electro-pop is completely alien to my musical world, but yeah, I think it's a fine song with a catchy chorus. I'm also sure the Tropicana fixation (or endorsement?) is a first on this forum. 
  • M11M11 Posts: 823
    edited December 2019

Also if any of you guys played Mortal Kombat or Mario Kart as a kid, this will probably resonate.
    Holy crap I must've played like 90% of the videogames referenced in the video. :lol: 
    Great song, catchy, but I also agree with Rick, you should've played the guitar in the video during the solo!
    Post edited by M11 on
  • Guys, thanks for watching the video and the feedback. I definitely decided not to play the guitar on purpose, because it was part of the sense of humor—sort of imaginary and unrealistic, which is what I was going for. But I love that you guys care about that. I know the song is outside the dinosaur world so thanks for watching it and taking it seriously enough to comment.

Maybe I'll add more videos to my channel that are just me playing. In my own head I feel like I've covered it, because I play guitar so much during the live shows that it's a major part of what people get, but obviously YouTube is different.
    My music videos and everything else: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCledLngWDeoZ0rzjIU6Pxzw
  • Love! 
  • Jay GJay G Posts: 2,664
    Wow, really awesome work.  Very new wave like and you nailed the video style perfectly.
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,599
    As I grew up on a Nintendo64 this was a lot of fun. Love how you actually dont play the guitar, kind of funny :lol: 

Cool song as well :)
  • Thanks for checking it out dudes. 

Also Crowley, yes, there's something about N64 games that really sticks with you huh.