K.K. Downing, Les Binks, Ripper Owens and Dave Ellefson @The Steel Mill

Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,373
edited November 2019 in Video Clips
K.K. looking pretty good up there. Great to see him playing with Les Binks again who in my opinion was the best Judas Priest drummer. Ripper sounding good also. The other guitar player is a guy named A.J. Mills who I am totally unimpressed with. He hits the right notes....but his vibrato is atrocious. Other than the bad version of Tipton's solo....this is a great version of "Beyond the Realms of Death". This was filmed on November 3.

Post edited by Duojett71 on

Comments

• Andy GAndy G Posts: 997
    I suspect that having a dodgy second guitarist is intentional, in order to make KK look better...
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,738
    Here's a random JP cover band found on Youtube. I like their version better...

• Glad you posted this. I had written a lenghty post on this yesterday, with several youtube links and all and my computer crashed, losing every word. I got a little discouraged to be frank.

KK seems to be in fine form, I don't think he has lost anything in the 10 years he hadn't played live. Actually I think he is playing a little better than when he quit Priest (frustration finally released?) Binks remains my favorite Priest drummer to this day and Ellefson seems to be enjoying himself, just for the fact he is playing with his teenage idiols.. Owens is Owens. If you like him, you will like this. If you don't, this won't make you change your mind.

Seems to me KK is creating a buzz for the Priest name now that the Hall of Fame thing is going on. And if they get in, he probably wants to get him and Binks on the Jam. Also, there's the 50th anniverssary tour next year, and I am pretty sure they wanna be involved.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,373
    If Judas Priest ever gets in to the HOF....Les Binks needs to be inducted with them. He was on 3 of Priest's most important releases in my opinion. Dave Holland should also be included...even if Priest want to write him out of their history.
  • LerxstFanLerxstFan Posts: 4,659
    That was badass. Seeing KK and Les play again is awesome. 
  • Duojett71 said:
    If Judas Priest ever gets in to the HOF....Les Binks needs to be inducted with them. He was on 3 of Priest's most important releases in my opinion. Dave Holland should also be included...even if Priest want to write him out of their history.
     Binks, Holland and Travis are nominated. That has got to be a sort of record, three drummers for a single band. Regardless of Priest leaving him out, Holland was a given, since he played in their most successful and best known albums. Also, Travis was a sure thing too, dude is been in the band 30 years now. The one that pleases and surprised me is Binks. Glad for him.
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 7,853
    LerxstFan said:

Yay! I would have loved to see Ross the Boss playing as second.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,373
    Haffner said:
    LerxstFan said:

Yay! I would have loved to see Ross the Boss playing as second.
    Yeah me to. Ross is a good old school player. This guy in the video is lame.