New-ish guitar day!

Actually, I've had it for a coupla months, but I've only just got round to putting a functioning bridge pickup in!

Yup, it's a Tele!
An early Japanese Fender in fact. When I got it, it was in a pretty sorry state, and the neck was, to use an old luthiers' term, buggered. I managed to score a virtually new and rather lovely NorthWest Guitars neck from the 'bay, which I had fitted by a proper guitar tech. I gave the thing a damn good clean, and it got a new switch, knobs and pickguard.
Having done all that, I plugged it in, and found that the bridge pickup had died at some point during the reassembly...
It's now got an Iron Gear Steel Foundry in there.
This thing weighs a ton! I have played lighter Les Pauls, and the neck is huge, like a baseball bat. Played unplugged, it sounds like a piano, really bright and clear.
Through an amp? It sounds like a Tele, I guess. I've never had one before, and it's all a bit strange!

Official DRG threadkiller

Comments

• Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,597
    That thing looks really nice. Sweet score. One day I am going to own a Telecaster. Congrats!

• cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,292
    Congrats, and play it in good health!
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,704
    My favorite solid body guitar shape. Hands Down. I've owned Fender American Standards, MIM's and Nashville 3 pickup Telecasters. I also used to own a mid '80s CharveI with the Tele body shape and still own a Suhr custom version of a Nashville Tele with broadcaster pickups in the neck and bridge a Suhr Strat model in the middle.

My Current #1 solid body electric, for better than 5 years, is a Melancon Custom T, (actually a Les Paul build disguised as a Telecaster).

I'm a Tele fanatic and quite proud of it.

Congratulations. Tele's just feel right!
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,802
    Congrats.

• Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 2,313
    Never owned a Tele, but if I were to get one this is probably what I would go for. Congrats!
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,651
    I love Teles! Really balanced and nice shape and a good body mass for tone. Mine is probably my second favourite guitar after my RG.

Congrats! Enjoy rocking that :)
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,934
    Cool Telecaster, congrats! 
  • inmyhands said:
    My favorite solid body guitar shape. Hands Down. I've owned Fender American Standards, MIM's and Nashville 3 pickup Telecasters. I also used to own a mid '80s CharveI with the Tele body shape and still own a Suhr custom version of a Nashville Tele with broadcaster pickups in the neck and bridge a Suhr Strat model in the middle.

My Current #1 solid body electric, for better than 5 years, is a Melancon Custom T, (actually a Les Paul build disguised as a Telecaster).

I'm a Tele fanatic and quite proud of it.

Congratulations. Tele's just feel right!
    a thing Tele's have in common with Gibson Flying Vs is, the bridge is set a little deeper in the body.  they feel great to play standing up.  everything is shifted just a little closer to your natural range of motion.