John Norum New Solo album Coming

From John:

It's done, mixed.
It will be varied in genre-quite hard at times, but there will be some cheerful songs, one instrumental. Its a mix of hard rock, blues rock and pop ingredients.
There's also a David Bowie cover, one of his weird songs. No famous hit, rather a hidden treasure.
Out in August/September...

Comments

• SnoogansSnoogans Posts: 1,663
    From John:

There's also a David Bowie cover, one of his weird songs. No famous hit, rather a hidden treasure.

Laughing Gnome?
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,365
    This is great news....I know Europe pays the bills but I wish he would put out a solo album more often. The Europe stuff is good for the most part but not near as good as his own albums.
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,591
    Bet his NEXT one AFTER THIS ONE, is out before the Sykes album.
    When I was 16, I had three bumper stickers on the back of my Dodge Dart: The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, and The WHO.  Not much has changed. 
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,577
    Is he singing on this? 
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,365
    edited August 2019
    Dr Nick said:
    Is he singing on this? 
    I hope so. The only album he really did not sing on was 'Wold's Away' except for a couple bridges on the title track. Kelly Keeling sang on that album and while Kelly is a really good singer, his voice isn't as good tonally as John's. Glen Hughes did more of ot the lead vocals on 'Face The Truth' but John still sang lead on about 3 songs on that one. John easily has one of the best lead guitarist turned lead singer voices out there.
    Post edited by Duojett71 on
  • I like when he sings it himself, too.
    When I was 16, I had three bumper stickers on the back of my Dodge Dart: The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, and The WHO.  Not much has changed. 
  • JoebuddhaJoebuddha Posts: 2,110
    I hope he's singing.