Tie Your Mother Down, recorded with BIAS Amp 2 on an iPad

M11M11 Posts: 823
Inspired by this thread by eduardoritos and using a backing track he gave me, I went and recorded Tie Your Mother Down on my iPad using BIAS Amp 2 as the amp sim, Cubasis as the DAW and iRig Pre as the audio interface. I recorded 2 rhythm tracks, panned hard left and right, and 2 solo tracks, one for slide and the other w/o slide. I didn't bother with the outro solo and instead added a little 3-guitar harmony lick. :tongue:
You can check out the final result here.
I used my MIM 60th Anniversary Strat and only used the bridge pickup (DiMarzio Injector).

Comments

• mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,599
    Sounding bad ass!
    Great playing and ripping tone.

Really well done :) 
  • BIG GRIN HERE!
     =) 
    When I was 16, I had three bumper stickers on the back of my Dodge Dart: The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, and The WHO.  Not much has changed. 
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,507
    Really good version. Good tone and playing. 
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,790
    I can't stop smiling. Seriously, that was totally great. The playing is top notch, May would be proud. Thanks for sharing this, you just made my work day cooler.

I am curious about the recording. You said you used BIAS Amp 2 on your iPad... Cool, but then you said you used iRig Pre as your interface? I think that's the microphone one, isn't it? Did you mic your iPad or am I totally missing something here? I would think the iRig HD 2 would be closer for the scope of this (being that that one is the one designed for guitar, the other more for vocals)

• LerxstFanLerxstFan Posts: 4,659
    That is awesome! I cranked it loud and am loving it! 

• EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    Awesome!
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • M11M11 Posts: 823
    edited March 2019
    Thanks for the comments guys, they're really encouraging!

I can't stop smiling. Seriously, that was totally great. The playing is top notch, May would be proud. Thanks for sharing this, you just made my work day cooler.

I am curious about the recording. You said you used BIAS Amp 2 on your iPad... Cool, but then you said you used iRig Pre as your interface? I think that's the microphone one, isn't it? Did you mic your iPad or am I totally missing something here? I would think the iRig HD 2 would be closer for the scope of this (being that that one is the one designed for guitar, the other more for vocals)

I just realized that I mistook the iRig Pre with the discontinued iRig Pro which is the one I used. The iRig Pro has both an XLR and 1/4" input so that way I plugged my guitar straight to the interface.
    Post edited by M11 on