Coverdale: "Take me down slow and easy? Make love to me slow and easy?"
    Chick: "Ahhh, I don't think so."
    Coverdale: "Right, then. Just shut up and kiss me."

Haha!
  • Fun video.... terrible song.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,376
    edited February 2019
    Duojett71 said:
    In 2019 do we need aged 80's bands singing "Shut Up and Kiss Me"? 
    In 2019, a statement like "Shut Up and Kiss Me" is actionable harassment!

Duojett71 said:
    I think he and the band should keep rocking....but bring back some of that dirty blues based shit he used to do in the 70's. 
    He doesn't have the voice for that anymore.  If it's still in there, we haven't heard it in ages. 
    Hmmm....so they can't write that type of song in a key suited to his current voice? I don't think it would necessarily take his lower register of old to do that type of music again as long as they write songs within a range he can sing. But it's not like Coverdale's lyrics were ever profound. He used to knock Dio era Rainbow for the lyrical theme. Seems to me "Man On The Silver Mountain" stood the test of time much better than "Spit it Out".
    Post edited by Duojett71 on
  • EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    Ughhhh, I'm with Mark/Duojett. Perhaps the band could've tuned town a step to suit the voice better, perhaps a 65 year old shouldn't write teeny-bopper lyrics, and this might've been more enjoyable. Reb Beach plays a killer solo though. 
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • Good song. Look at Reb, gettin' some! 
    DC sounds like he did in Purple. 
  • SirionSirion Posts: 3,115
    edited March 2019
    Dave has obviously lost a lot of his voice, but the vocal lines are good enough, and the song is good; the pre-chorus is the best part in my opinion, as it has real tension. My biggest gripe is that the riffs are so short that they can't really go anywhere. This is most obvious in the opening riff, which doesn't really go anywhere, but to a smaller extent I think it applies to some of the other guitar ideas as well, with the chorus being a notable exception.
    Post edited by Sirion on
  • merlo_zeppelinmerlo_zeppelin Posts: 1,402
    I have a huge spot in my heart for DC and Whitesnake, my fauvorite band second only to Zeppelin.
    That being said I think this is a step back from de Doug Aldrich era. It's not bad in any way it, but it's really by the numbers, cool riff and playing but not a lot of song construction. Both Aldrich albums, especially Forevermore, had some really strong and intresting songs, and it would have been really intresting to see were the DC and DA partnership could go from there. 
    In the lyrics I think it would be the "girl" who says "Shut up and Kiss me", not the "singer", in that case, it pure female empowerment, exactly what sells in 2019!
  • merlo_zeppelinmerlo_zeppelin Posts: 1,402
    Ok, this just dropped in
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/listen-to-new-whitesnake-song-hey-you-you-make-me-rock/

Much Better!!!!!! Real heavy, but still pretty classic Whitesnake. The guitar solos REALLY smoke on this track. 

The song is nothing out of this world but it's a lot better than the lead-off single.

I know DC's voice is completely gone right now, I just live with it. It doesn't sound bad, but it is a far cry in range and tone from the old days.