Bernie Torme hospitalised with virulent double pneumonia

OskyOsky Posts: 1,056
Message posted on Bernie's Facebook profile 1 hour ago presumably by a family member...

"Bernie Tormé is extremely ill in intensive care with virulent double pneumonia. We ask for your prayers."

Comments

• Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,783
    I saw that on FB too.  Pneumonia is what killed Fast Eddie last year. Hopefully the tragedy won't repeat itself. 
  • What is DOUBLE pneumonia?
    In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • OskyOsky Posts: 1,056
    What is DOUBLE pneumonia?
    Pneumonia in both lungs I think
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,605
    Yup, both lungs. 
    Not good at all. 
  • Ozzy's facebook uploaded a pic of Oz and Bernie together on stage all those years ago, wishing him the best. I have a bad feeling, hopefully I am wrong.
  • OskyOsky Posts: 1,056
    Looks like the stress from dealing with this may have had a negative effect on Bernie's health, his bass player certainly thinks so according to Facebook today...

Bernie asked for the following statement to be released:

PledgeMusic owe Bernie Torme almost £16,000 which was due last December on completion of his recent ‘Shadowland’ Pledgemusic campaign. Bernie has paid for all recordings, merchandise, CDs and all postage costs to honour his fans' pledges out of his own pocket. He has as yet been unable to pay his musicians, drummer Mik Gaffney and bass player Simon Morton for their work on the album. This has been a very stressful situation for Bernie, exacerbated by the lack of communication coming from Pledge and, despite their promises, no sign of coming through with any solution to clear up the mess they have created.”

Bernie remains in intensive care for virulent double pneumonia.

From Sy Morton (Bernie's bassist)

"I am so damn angry about this. I’m not talking about not being paid, that is the last thing I’m concerned about, I’m talking about the way Bernie has been treated by Pledge Music. And I truly believe that this whole situation has directly led to Bernie being run down, which has in turn led to him being hospitalised.

This is only my opinion, but I think it has some credence."