The Company band (sigh)

1234568»

Comments

• All too true. 
    In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • First practice back. Everyone showed up (that took 9 weeks the first time). And oddly we didn't sound like a train wreck on three new songs -- albeit fairly easy ones.

The other guitarist who drove me mad last time is mostly gonna be on bass this time, which will be a big improvement from my perspective, as he won't be clashing with me as much. 
    In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • TravisWTravisW Posts: 988
    First practice back. Everyone showed up (that took 9 weeks the first time). And oddly we didn't sound like a train wreck on three new songs -- albeit fairly easy ones.

The other guitarist who drove me mad last time is mostly gonna be on bass this time, which will be a big improvement from my perspective, as he won't be clashing with me as much. 
    Nice! The incredibly part-time cover band I'm part of recently played a St. Patty's gig, and we were surprisingly tighter than we had been the last time we played (Sept). Not sure how that works, but I'm all for unearned gains. 
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,590
    TravisW said:
    First practice back. Everyone showed up (that took 9 weeks the first time). And oddly we didn't sound like a train wreck on three new songs -- albeit fairly easy ones.

Nice! The incredibly part-time cover band I'm part of recently played a St. Patty's gig, and we were surprisingly tighter than we had been the last time we played (Sept). Not sure how that works, but I'm all for unearned gains. 
    That works like muscle's memory (in fact, muscle memory is involved).
  • That works like muscle's memory (in fact, muscle memory is involved).
    Except it's all new songs, so that wasn't it.
  • bourbonsamuraibourbonsamurai Posts: 1,549
    maybe they smell potential, for a change.  i smelled money when you described it to us.
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,590
    maybe they smell potential, for a change.  i smelled money when you described it to us.
    Oh, so I supose it's the result of the last concert; you'd said you'd played all fine. That could encourage people.
  • So far, we've mostly been choosing really simple songs. So the degree of difficulty is lower. 
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,746
    YAY it's over!  What a shit show. The gig turned out OK, but toward the end -- particularly after Amy had her surgery, I was just mailing it in. It served it's purpose. And now I'm done with it. 

Gig pics to follow. Maybe some video if it doesn't suck too bad. 
  • bourbonsamuraibourbonsamurai Posts: 1,549
    anything new on the horizon?
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,746
    Maybe some session work, which would frankly be more gratifying.