Foo Fighters official announcement

Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 17,831
I actually like these guys as guys.  I just wish their music was as good as their sense of humor. 

Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Comments

• EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    Exactly. Great marketing and PR, and enough underground cred, but all for what? Guitar pop that takes no songwriting risks or throws curveballs.
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • SnoogansSnoogans Posts: 1,676
    I'm not a huge fan, but when they do a good song, it's a fucking good song!
    Plus ol' Dave really does appear to be one of the few non-assholes in the biz...
  • Grohl showed me a lot lately. Both with Sonic Highways (which I found both excellent and fascintating), and how he handled his injury on tour. He's a guy I respect.  And I like a few of their songs.  I just don't find most of them memorable. 
    In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • TravisWTravisW Posts: 988
    I like Dave Grohl. He's such an enthusiast, and it seems that the enthusiastic spirit still really motivates him to perform. He makes all the "coolest" public moves, like performing with a broken leg, Rickrolling WBC, doing cool documentaries, and eulogizing Lemmy. But I find his music lacking. I don't hate it, because there isn't anything there for me to hate. I don't like it, because there isn't anything there for me to like. It's the rock equivalent to store brand white hamburger buns. It's fine, which for me is about the worst thing to be. He's a safe rock hero from Generation X in a world increasingly devoid of rock heroes.
  • VenomboyVenomboy Posts: 3,601
    Good riddance. The only thing I like by them is the cover of Baker Street. I don't get all the hype.
  • gqn_angelgqn_angel Posts: 1,302
    I don't hate them (though I've tried to).  But I also don't like them as artists.  They're just kind of "there."

In this band that I'm playing bass in we cover 2 of their songs.  And I guess I've learned that the "thing" about their music is a very rhythmic thing...pop songs with odd signatures and odd beats.
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,632
    Only by that song, FF should exist:

• Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,794
    Most of their music does absolutely nothing for me, but I wouldn't hate it either.  There are much worse bands on the alt/pop side of rock. Sometimes they have the odd cool song. I kinda liked this recent one, which has an obvious Beatles vibe IMO:

• jebbuddajebbudda Posts: 5,030
    I agree with Travis 100% .

IMHO it doesn't get anymore generic . Dave Grohl seems like a nice guy but the music does absolutely nothing for me on any level . Regardless of the energy level its a yawnfest  for me .
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,653
    I like Dave Grohl but it took me a long time to distance the man from his time in Nirvana. I never expected such a quality individual to crawl up out of that sludge. I don't own any of the Foo Fighters music and don't feel any desire to do so. Dave's a good guy so good luck to him.
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 1,952
    Only by that song, FF should exist:

I have ignored this band for years, even if i actually like Grohl as a person. But I totally agree with this song. i actually have it in my itunes list...