Lindsey Buckingham

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Off topic/NON-DINO Music Area
Couldn't believe there was no thread for Lindsey already! An extremely tasty player who's strayed into mildly Dino territory a few times. What a songwriter too!

One of Lindsey's best performances here, from about 1:44 and 2:29, and a take on Peter Green's Oh Well. There's also the amazing I'm So Afraid from The Dance and the somewhat random shredding he did all over Say You Will... :shred:

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 10,067
    Great player in a sort of less rock Jimmy Page mode i.e. plays for the song.
  • pprovostpprovost Posts: 2,639
    [quote author=G-K link=topic=10398.msg159019#msg159019 date=1273334777]
    There's also the amazing I'm So Afraid from The Dance
    [/quote]

One of my all time favorites tracks, but I prefer this earlier performance:

I think sometimes if you try to play too technically, you lose something in the music - like you're playing for another guitar player. I like to play for people. The more sophisticated and mature guitarists become, the more they go with the feel.

- Ritchie Blackmore

• [quote author=pprovost link=topic=10398.msg159022#msg159022 date=1273340014]
    [quote author=G-K link=topic=10398.msg159019#msg159019 date=1273334777]
    There's also the amazing I'm So Afraid from The Dance
    [/quote]

One of my all time favorites tracks, but I prefer this earlier performance:

[/quote]

Awesome performance! Another from the same era, this time Rhiannon

2:48! I miss seeing him with the Les Paul! :shred:

My favourite Lindsey riff, Tusk
  • BreakfastimeBreakfastime Posts: 2,152
    I think he's great!  Definitely non-Dino but a tasteful player and he always had great style.
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,667
    He also approaches the instrument in his own way. Maybe there's a little Jeff Beck running through his veins.
  • JasonJason Posts: 1,931
    Great songwriter. I like his signature/custom acoustic models. Very cool.
    I feel the same way about him that I feel about Schon -- if they played with bigger balls (too) they would RULE (that much more).
  • Some widdly nonsense from Running Through The Garden, did I even hear some tapping in here?
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/758715784fc626d7/

Here's one of Lindsey's heaviest, check out the Gilmourish solo at 2:41!
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,518
    Great player, great songwriter. I actually always preferred his version of "Oh Well". I don't
    think there is a more unique rock guitarist out there.