Steve Vai Birthday Cake Pictures

Jay GJay G Posts: 2,682
Now that I have figured out how to post pictures I went hunting for these pictures of my sons birthday cake from 4 years ago.  Thought folks might find this cool.

Comments

• SoulstealerSoulstealer Posts: 2,305
    That's really cool! I would be happy to get that for a b-day cake!

How do they make those photos? They're edible, right?
  • Jay GJay G Posts: 2,682
    The bakery scans the photo onto some sort of edible paper.  The challenge is that many bakeries will not do this due to copyright laws.  My local bakery agreed to do whatever I want as long as it was not Disney.  It turns out Disney loves to seek out and sue copyright violators.
  • Oh shit, Jay. Now I want birthday cake. Like really BADLY!
    How'd it go over with your son? Was it a surprise for him?
    It was a huge surprise.  He was 7yo and a huge Vai fan.  Of course this was before he discovered Steve Morse & Randy Rhoads who are his favorite players.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 10,067
    I wouldn't let Vai see this, he likes to sue for image rights infringement too!  Technically Larry DiMarzio could also sue your ass as its his photo... but then I guess as this is in the only evidence now (as I presume Stevie has been ate) then are they going to dust the sewers for the remains?  :laugh:
    [quote author=Super Avianti link=topic=9784.msg150214#msg150214 date=1262946035]
    I wouldn't let Vai see this, he likes to sue for image rights infringement too!  Technically Larry DiMarzio could also sue your ass as its his photo... but then I guess as this is in the only evidence now (as I presume Stevie has been ate) then are they going to dust the sewers for the remains?  :laugh:
    [/quote]

LOL  it is a shame that things sometimes come to that.  We just thought this would be so cool for a 7yo that was a huge fan.
  • EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    Talk about huge fans, there needs to be one facing the Steve Vai cake as well.
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,797
    Judas Priest should have a "Eat Me Alive" cake copyrighted.  Served in a metal box, with leather napkins.