Found item - Lowrey Organ

otcconanotcconan Posts: 5,680
Brother airing up my tires outside and saw something sitting by the dumpster at the apartment.

A Lowrey Organ.

Now.  We dragged it into my apartment and I started cleaning it up.  It's a little bit skittery on some of the sounds and maybe that's why they dumped it.  But between myself and my brother (who is a certified electrician), we're thinking it just has some bad speakers.  And even if that's the case, we could easily create a speaker out panel for it.  This is a '70's era thing that would be bitching through a Leslie.

Score one for no cost for otcconan.  I mean the worst case scenareo is It's trash and I just send it where it was going to go.
Post edited by inmyhands on

Comments

• inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,653
    I used to check the dumpsters quite a bit, but...............we got a McDonalds on the corner now.  :biggrin2:
  • otcconanotcconan Posts: 5,680
    Well, my brother replaced the power cord in the back.  That took care of the breaking up thing.  Then he found a line out plug underneath the keys so I'm running it through my Danelectro Nifty Fifty so that takes care of the speaker problem.  All the sounds work so I just need to clean it up some.
  • maybeyesmaybeyes Posts: 4,522
    Nice score OTC

Never mistake a clear view for a short distance.

Sounds good John. :up: An organ found in the trash might be the instrument to use to write a song about that character that lives in a trash can. :hmm: It might inspire you to write something deeper like something about the plight of the homeless or life from death like the Phoenix.

Now for the hard choices.  Do you remove the lettuce, onions, and tomato from between the keys or just add mayo? :smile:
  • otcconanotcconan Posts: 5,680
    Just some dust and nicotine stains on the keys.  :)

Playing with the sounds I have already found a few combinations that match up with some of the sounds from some Opeth albums.  That's pretty damn sweet.
  • IsaacIsaac Posts: 3,088
    cool new toy oct!
    Four days since the find. Has the inspiration started bubbling to the top?