Wolf

LerxstFanLerxstFan Posts: 4,729
This is a new band for me and I have only listened to the stuff they have on their Myspace page, but I really dig it. Sort of a modern melodic metal. Some elements of Maiden and Saxon mixed in their. Definite power metal vibe as well. Whatever, I am going to pick up Ravenous and check it out.

http://www.myspace.com/wolfheavymetal

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 10,067
    Good band - expect Sancho to gush over them when he sees this too.
  • LerxstFanLerxstFan Posts: 4,729
    Found this video on Youtube...Twin flying V attack

• BaddstuffBaddstuff Posts: 1,305
    not bad at all, it's got some balls to it  :up:
  • EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    Solid band.
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,678
    I've been peddling Wolf here on several occasions. Solid band indeed.
    Ravenous was a very early candidate for album of the year for me, and even with all the excellent releases I've heard since they may still figure in the top 5.
    2006' The Black Flame is rather underwhelming though.
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,621
    Pretty good band not something really that special though... there are a lot of bands out there doing roughly the same thing Enforcer are the best band in this vein for me
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,678
    I've seen you promote Enforcer here several times already. I can't get into them myself. I have a strong dislike of their singer, for one.
    Musically they remind me of the mid-eighties Belgian metal scene, for some reason. But that singer... :ohwell:
  • LerxstFanLerxstFan Posts: 4,729
    Several listens into Ravenous and I am very happy still. These guys are hitting all the bases. An excellent album.  I am going to start checking out their back catalog now.
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,621
    [quote author=Sancho link=topic=9435.msg144261#msg144261 date=1258232464]
    I've seen you promote Enforcer here several times already. I can't get into them myself. I have a strong dislike of their singer, for one.
    Musically they remind me of the mid-eighties Belgian metal scene, for some reason. But that singer... :ohwell:
    [/quote]

:offtopic:

Hm... well, he is a bit special Olof. I can get that he isn't everybodies cup of tea but I kind of like him, but yes his style is very special

Musically I think they kick major-ass... their instrumental track City Lights is awesome!