Abbath, Immortal and the Riff to Kashmir (know your roots)

AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,943

I really like his right hand technique. It´s not that easy doing those "two strings at once" alternate picking patterns, with any kind of precision.

By the way, go ahead laugh, I do.
I think people take extreme metal TOO serious, generally speaking.

Yes, he´s a freak, yes he´s not that schooled, but he knows what sounds he wants, AND how to get ´em.
I certainly respect him and his rythm playing a lot. It sounds great, imho. 
And in context:

Really looking forward to the new Immortal album, the last (Sons of ...) were AWESOME !

Comments

• ChubtoneChubtone Posts: 3,160
    [quote author=Agrippa link=topic=9272.msg141635#msg141635 date=1255846794]
    Yes, he´s a freak, yes he´s not that schooled, but he knows what sounds he wants, AND how to get ´em.
    I certainly respect him and his rythm playing a lot. It sounds great, imho. 
    And in context:

Really looking forward to the new Immortal album, the last (Sons of ...) were AWESOME !

[/quote]

It sounds pretty damn cool. Great heavy riffs.
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,678
    [quote author=Agrippa link=topic=9272.msg141635#msg141635 date=1255846794]
    [/quote]
    Wendy bought the new album last week, but we haven't got around to listening to it yet. Immortal are a very solid live band.
  • AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,943
    Yeah, I know, I have seen ´em a few times.
    AND:
    they are already confirmed for wacken 2010 !
    Looking forward to it !
  • EugenicScumEugenicScum Posts: 5,323
    Haven't seen this clip - but the new album is amazing. Been spinning the promo for three weeks now, and this is highly recommended to say the least. I was at an airport on a calm day playing some grim air guitar and showing obnoxious claws to this shit last evening. It's a nod to their thrashy blacky albums but the riffs, production and arrangements are all very fresh.
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,494
    That's a pretty brutal sounding track. I dig the chord progression and the arrangement. I also really like the production and the guitar sound. I might have to check them out more so than I have in the past. Heard some clips here and there, but never really paid much attention.
  • StitselStitsel Posts: 2,082
    I was lucky enough to catch 'em on the Sons Of Northern Darkness tour back in '03 ( or '02? can't remember...) & was blown away.They absolutely slay live.Abbath is a much better guitarist than he gets credit for, better than he even gives himself credit for.I absolutely LOVED the I project; Between Two Worlds is one of the most classic metal albums I've ever heard in my life, very atmospheric but packed full of attitude.Great album.

I can't wait to hear the new one, I need to pick it up this weekend.
  • AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,943
    +1 for mentioning I !
    Great record !
  • Should have been called Eppelin rather than Abbath.
    In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • ingveingve Posts: 1,616
    :chuckle: :ha: :LOL: