Whoopass1 - Commercial

Smoking GunsSmoking Guns Posts: 4,547
HA!  i have seen your commercial for the Suit Store several times.  Pretty cool, you are kind of a big deal, and a closet Dino.  Badass!

Comments

• Link, or it didn't happen.
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • whoopass1whoopass1 Posts: 1,395
    [quote author=Smoking Guns link=topic=9120.msg139448#msg139448 date=1253676945]
    HA!  i have seen your commercial for the Suit Store several times.  Pretty cool, you are kind of a big deal, and a closet Dino.  Badass!
    [/quote]

Thanks for the kind words, SG!  There are couple other TV Commercials that I'm currently in. One for "Taco Casa", and another one for a local Auto Dealer that was shot just last week. That one should start airing in a couple weeks.

With my many years here in town on the Radio, and with my freelance TV work, I guess you could call me some sort of a local celebrity. :smile:

As far as being a closet dino, I'm not sure if it's that big of a secret anymore. I've gotten up onstage and jammed with quite a few bands here in town. I've tried to get a cover band started again, but everytime I do, somebody's wife gets pissed....and the bass player, or drummer, etc.  isn't allowed to get out of the house and rehearse.  :doh:
  • If you ever get the cover band going I will be there.....  Let me stand infront of a marshall and rock out, we can keep the volume 0... HA!  I will be on the look out for your other commercials. 
  • ChubtoneChubtone Posts: 3,160
    [quote author=whoopass1 link=topic=9120.msg139489#msg139489 date=1253716837]
    One for "Taco Casa"[/quote]

For those of you that aren't from California, that means Taco House. I just wanted to help my brothers out.  :up:

And Louie is a TV star too? Sweet. Let's see some links Louie!
    Curt, Here are the TV spots for the Men's Clothing shop (which Smoking Guns mentioned) that are airing locally. This link has the 3 finished commercials;

Here's the Taco Casa TV Commercial where I'm singing the jingle solo.....I just realized that the suit kind of makes me look like "The Joker" on the old Batman TV Series :chuckle:;

I'll get the car dealer one up when they're done editing it.  

I was talking with the producer today about some other stuff he wants to use me in.  I guess I'm subconciously auditioning to become the next Billy Mays. :tongue:

• [quote author=whoopass1 link=topic=9120.msg139519#msg139519 date=1253749920]
    Curt, Here are the TV spots for the Men's Clothing shop (which Smoking Guns mentioned) that are airing locally. This link has the 3 finished commercials;

Here's the Taco Casa TV Commercial where I'm singing the jingle solo.....I just realized that the suit kind of makes me look like "The Joker" on the old Batman TV Series :chuckle:;

I'll get the car dealer one up when they're done editing it.  

I was talking with the producer today about some other stuff he wants to use me in.  I guess I'm subconciously auditioning to become the next Billy Mays. :tongue:

[/quote]

Love it,  I about shit myself when I saw these on TV.  DRG, connecting famous folks (Whoopass) with common folks (Smoking Guns).  Nice commercials!
  • IsaacIsaac Posts: 3,088
    :biggrin: :up: radio eh? what type of stuff? talk show? music?
  • JasonJason Posts: 1,931
    I found those commercials VERY entertaining!
    :up:
  • ChubtoneChubtone Posts: 3,160
    Dang Louie, that purple suit is pimpin'!  :LOL:

• SanchoSancho Posts: 18,678
    :rotflmfao:
  • Louie's radio spot where he *jams with* Ted Nugent is funny, cool, original, and features some sharp playing:
    http://www.myspace.com/louielinguinimusic
    "should i be wearing a loincloth?" :chuckle:

"call the busdriver...I'm taking ted to school!"  :rotflmfao:

Louie if you were on the air in Austin I'd actually listen to the radio!  :metal:
    [quote author=Smoking Guns link=topic=9120.msg139533#msg139533 date=1253763199]
    Love it,  I about shit myself when I saw these on TV.  DRG, connecting famous folks (Whoopass) with common folks (Smoking Guns).  Nice commercials!
    [/quote]

Ha! Ha!, SG. If you think I'm famous, then you should meet my cousin. She's got me trumped....She's a WWE Diva!  :razz:

[quote author=Isaac link=topic=9120.msg139537#msg139537 date=1253766881]
    :biggrin: :up: radio eh? what type of stuff? talk show? music?
    [/quote]

I've done a few different formats , but I'd say my forte is Top 40. I know that sounds weird being a Dino and all, but most of my 23 years in Radio have been spent as a CHR Jock & Programmer. It's funny, a lot of my musician bandmates and friends have given me plenty of grief over the years for all the pop shit that I'd have to play at work. While at the same time, whatever girlfriend I had at the time, would cringe at all of the old school hard rock and metal that would normally be blasting out of my car and home stereos. :metal:

[quote author=Breakfastime link=topic=9120.msg139578#msg139578 date=1253819611]
    Louie's radio spot where he *jams with* Ted Nugent is funny, cool, original, and features some sharp playing:
    http://www.myspace.com/louielinguinimusic
    "should i be wearing a loincloth?" :chuckle:

"call the busdriver...I'm taking ted to school!"  :rotflmfao:

Louie if you were on the air in Austin I'd actually listen to the radio!  :metal:
    [/quote]

Thanks Breakfastime for the props.  :smile:

[quote author=Chubtone link=topic=9120.msg139576#msg139576 date=1253817876]
    Dang Louie, that purple suit is pimpin'!  :LOL:
    [/quote]

Curt, you should see the suit that I'm wearing in my latest car commercial :laugh: 
  • :up:    Love the Purple suit!! Got one in Female form?    :ohyeah:  Peace, Debi  :drool: :biggrin2:
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,621
    Wow! That's cool... the Taco Casa commercial is kick-ass! :up: Why can't all commercials be like that?
    Here's my most recent TV ad.....check out my little dance at the end :woohoo: