New Megadeth Album

Disciple83Disciple83 Posts: 384
Megadeth's new album is available streaming on their myspace page.  So far it sounds pretty cool...I'm pretty sure I will be purchasing this when it comes out (i believe sept 15)

http://www.myspace.com/megadeth

Comments

• Heard it a couple of times last week and as expected, Dave continues to quote his own riffs and songs from various eras. Begins and ends like a thrash album but the middle is all dud with mediocre songs, overplayed shred solos and generally as bad (or good depends on where you come from) as the last album UA. I won't bother with more listens myself.
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • SystemSystem Posts: 10,067
    I think its the best thing since Youthanasia.....
  • I heard one song on youtube called headcrusher which was pretty badass. The intro solo i could have done without, but broderick had
    a nice solo at the end. I know they sampled the album on myspace but im not a member. Even though ill probably buy the album, has anyone
    heard more songs or the whole record ?
  • IsaacIsaac Posts: 3,088
    you can go on the myspace page to listen. it's open to anyone, even if you're not signed up.

i think the at the best song on the album was headcrusher. i preferred united abominations to endgame. the songs are more same same here, and there are not as much dynamics. and i like drover better too. broderick killed on headcrusher, but that was the only spot where he grabbed my attention. maybe i'll feel differently about the album with repeated listens though. we'll see.
  • cool ill def try to check it out. Brodrick's a technical beast, but i figured he wouldn't have the style of the other megadeth guys
  • otcconanotcconan Posts: 5,680
    I think Broderick came to Mustaine's attention through Jeff Loomis, who auditioned for Megadeth round the same time as Marty and wasn't hired based on his youth.
  • Heard it a week or two back when it leaked. Its a shredfest, thats not the problem. The problem is that hardly any of the solos are memorable at all. 3 listens in, and I'm thoroughly bored.

But buy it anyway for the corniest things Mustaine has ever done: "The Hardest Part Of Letting Go.....Sealed With A Kiss".
  • That's disappointing. I really enjoy all of the other megadeth lead guitarists and do consider a lot of their solos memorable.
  • I'll be chiming back in in a couple of days when I get to listen to the entire thing, but I'm really not surprised to hear some of the initial analysis of Broderick's playing. He's always come off a bit stiff and technical to me.
  • maybeyesmaybeyes Posts: 4,522
    I am enjoying this album.  The solos for the most part fit the songs.  Not sure that I have remembered a lot of the solos from any of the megadeth stuff really except Peace Sells (that was a great solo).  I can say that I was pleasantly surprised by Broderick, if that is any consolation.  It is definitely good enough to get repeated plays at work and home.

Never mistake a clear view for a short distance.

• Merged with an already existing topic.
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • SanchoSancho Posts: 18,678
    I've heard a couple of tracks so far, and I must say I like it a lot. I think I'm with Super Avianti here : best Megadeth album in ages.
  • I like this album a lot...Best Megadeth album in quite some time.
  • ingveingve Posts: 1,616

I think this one may be up there with "Countdown" and "Youthanasia" for me. It sounds so good!

:metal:
  • It's a shred-fest! A couple listens through, and I'm impressed! We'll see if it has staying power, but Broderick and Mustaine are all over this thing, and some of the songs kick ass.