Steffen Schackinger

jebbuddajebbudda Posts: 5,030
I've been absorbing this guys CD for a few weeks ( THANKS JAY! )

For those of you into brilliant compositions and heroic soaring melodic invention this cat has the shit flying . The CD is titled " ElectricGuitaristry " . Don't be discouraged by the first track.... this guy delivers some beautifully composed expertly polished guitar . Track # 3 is magnificent . :pray:

Tone wise he has a serious Eric Johnson thang going but has a bigger set of balls eventhough he could use some more crunch at times . I also detect a huge Steve Morse influence compositionally ....probably the result of his conservatory training .

I can't really define his style . New Age Neo Classical Fusion perhaps ? Not real heavy and his chops seem to be on a really short leash . The emphasis is on taste .

Regardless Steffen gets my recommedation . :up:  Check him out .

Comments

• Okay Jeb, I'm sold.
    Check out my band: Bevar Sea
  • jebbuddajebbudda Posts: 5,030
    I'm thinkin' this guy is a cross between Eric Johnson , Steve Morse and Jeff Beck but with a New Age twist . No heavy percussion or riffs just creative , well rounded , smooth tunes .  The production may be a bit slick but you can be the judge of that . The only thing missing is the heavy crunch but thats probably intentional .
  • Jay GJay G Posts: 2,675
    Jeb - your very welcome.  I am glad you are enjoying the CD.  I would agree with the idea that he is a cross between Morse and Johnson.  He has those same qualities that attracted me to those guys.  I also really dig his tone.
    :biggrin:I found some killer vids on You Tube .    :cool:

MORE

Yet another  

Check this one out  

Wow .... :biggrin:

Cool stuff , :tongue:
  • IsaacIsaac Posts: 3,088
    i DIG that perfect waves song. i really like this guy! some really good melodies and he can fly too!
  • maybeyesmaybeyes Posts: 4,522
    This is really good.  Where can I get this guy.  Wow.  Where do you find these guys Jeb and Jay.  Wow again

Never mistake a clear view for a short distance.

• Jay GJay G Posts: 2,675
    There is tons of great stuff out there.  Just very little exposure.  I read a lot of reviews and troll a lot of guitar sites. (Abstract Logic, Guitar 9, Shrapnel, Magna Carta)  I have some dispossable income so I buy whatever reviews sound interesting.  Almost always the reviews are accurate and I get a great find.  Most of the reviews I read come from the 5 guitar and 1 PROG magazine I subscribe to.  The PROG magazine I get is called Progression.  About 150-200 reveiws ever quarter with a good amount being metal, fusion, prog metal.  

Once I decide to buy something I put it on my list and then usually make purchases of about 20-30 at a time.  CD baby is a great site for many of these independent releases as is the actual artist web site.  Usually if I like something, I try and find the artist on Face Book and follow them and future release there.
    Between Jay and my friend Ed Stevens I have enough new music to keep me busy for months at a time . It takes me awhile to absorb some of this stuff. Sometimes it takes more than one listen .

Jay has the ear for this . :metal:
  • LerxstFanLerxstFan Posts: 4,697
    Just downloaded his album. I am going to give it a good listen later tonite. I dig the first video a lot.
    It makes my day to be able to turn people on to guys like this . I hope it makes you feel the same way I do . :grouphug:
    [quote author=jebbudda link=topic=9021.msg138043#msg138043 date=1252370916]
    It makes my day to be able to turn people on to guys like this . I hope it makes you feel the same way I do . :grouphug:
    [/quote]

Jeb, I have yet to dislike any music you have turned me onto.That's a damn good track record as far as I am concerned.
    Really its Jay G that gets the credit for this guy .  :shred:
    [quote author=jebbudda link=topic=9021.msg138048#msg138048 date=1252373000]
    Really its Jay G that gets the credit for this guy .  :shred:
    [/quote]

Then I'll tip my hat in his direction as well.....Great find Jay!!

I just finished my first lisyen of the album....Very solid!

• Sounds great man! Thanks once again for finding these artists!!!

He reminds me a bit of Phil Keaggy in places.