Philip Sayce

StevilStevil Posts: 3,334
I found out about this guy through this link. WHY have I never heard of him before. What a beefy sound and sexy grinding lead-style this guy has.
I don't know If I was could post this in the dino area's of the forum cause he sure has enough grit to him to be a dino.

Comments

• StevilStevil Posts: 3,334

this link...
    VERY HENDRIX & some robin trower sounds even.
    http://www.philipsayce.com/

his studio stuff sounds awesome too. Lenny Kravitz comes to mind. But with better guitarplaying.

The dude can rip
  • IsaacIsaac Posts: 3,088
    i like it!
    I just found out that when he was a teenager he played in Jeff Healey's band. Good place to learn your chops I'd say.
  • Sounds great!!!! I think I'll order the album!
    He's got two.

"Peace Machine" and "Silver Wheel of Stars". Silver Wheel of stars sounds like the rougher/heavier sounding album from the clips I've heard.
    But I'm gonna buy them both on Itunes.
  • LerxstFanLerxstFan Posts: 4,705
    I liked that alot. I think I will check out Silver Wheels on iTunes as well.
  • maybeyesmaybeyes Posts: 4,522
    He is good.  Reminds me a bit of Eric Gales and early Steve Salas.  Not a bad combination and bringing all the mojo from the masters.  Cool stuff.  Thanks Stevil

Never mistake a clear view for a short distance.

• jebbuddajebbudda Posts: 5,030
    Huh . Not bad . :clap:

I'm not too much into the Hendrix noise making but other than that I dig it .
    Peace Machine is Heavy Hendrix all the way with extended solos. The other one is more Rock song oriented but he's still waving that Hendrix flag.
    I love it. Great vibe, great soloing, some good songs in there too.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 10,067
    A white Randy Hansen.
    He's got a bit more edge to him than Randy...
  • He plays very well, but he sounds very 1-dimensional to me.  Like he's got that one set of pentatonic licks down very well, and that's his whole bag. Granted, I only watched a couple of clips.
    In the midst of the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
  • jebbuddajebbudda Posts: 5,030
    I find alot of the guys that embrace this style have devoted themselves completely . I doubt this guy is practicing arpeggios .

There was a guy here in Baltimore that just smoked on the SRV / Hendrix / Heavy Blues stuff . This dude was phenomenal . My buddy was his bass player so I would go to the gigs and hang out from time to time . This guy was eatin'/ shittin' and sleepin this style . He concentrated on ONE style and ONE style only . No harmonic minors , no arpeggios etc ...but I'm tellin' you this guy could play his ass off .

I believe in order to really be able to deliver this style you can't be distracted by a whole lot of technique or different scales . Its all about the feel and the groove and the amount of passion projected . This guy has that IMO . He has the tone , the dynamics and the chops that make it work . He is just lettin' it all hang out . :shred: