Neil Young: "I suck"

2»

Comments

• SoulstealerSoulstealer Posts: 2,305
    [quote author=otcconan link=topic=8857.msg135423#msg135423 date=1250120577]
    I heard on NPR today that the only segment of the music industry that is actually expanding is...wait for it...

Vinyl.

Food for thought.  Yes, I have "Stardust" on vinyl.  No, it's not for sale.  Willie kicks ass on that thing.
    [/quote]

Wow...things come full circle, don't they!

Fingers crossed. I'm about to go through my mom's HUMONGOUS record collection from the '50s-'70s. Her first husband was a DJ back then, and he would bring home basically everything. It's mostly 45s, but there are LPs in there, too. A Lot of Elvis, because he was my mom's fav. She's had them stored for years, and we just cleaned up her garage and started going through them.
  • [quote author=otcconan link=topic=8857.msg135423#msg135423 date=1250120577]
    I heard on NPR today that the only segment of the music industry that is actually expanding is...wait for it...

Vinyl.

[/quote]

Yep, vinyl is the real deal.  Can't get it to stop skipping in my car though...
  • He might suck but some how keeps me listening. I just love Cortez when he just goes on and on...
  • yngwie666yngwie666 Posts: 6,557
    Once I posted a solo on a guitar forum and I guy told me I sounded like Neil Young...I realize now it was not a compliment after all !
  • whoopass1whoopass1 Posts: 1,395
    It could be worse, Patrice.... I once posted a solo on a guitar forum and a guy told me I sounded like Burt Young.
  • jebbuddajebbudda Posts: 5,030
    I remember as a Jr. High School kid playing " Like a Hurricane " in one of my first bands . Every stomp box I had was turned on for the solo . The more static the better .

Neil does get credit for the BEST one note solo of all time.....Cinnomen Girl .
  • yngwie666 LOL...I think I'll use that next time I need to talk shit to another guitarist...

Anyways,

I dont get it, so Neil Young sucks but he's great?