DRG Forum Self-Registration Disabled - still a Guest here? Read this.

If you want to join this forum to discuss heavy rock/melodic metal guitar-related topics there are two options:

1. Register via Facebook using your Facebook name.

2. Figure out where to send me an email, and convince me in a paragraph or two why you want join this forum. I'm looking for something that shows a sincere interest in or knowledge of the topics we discuss here.  Indicate the username you want in the email, and I can then register you manually.

If you have an e-mail address assigned to you by your Internet Service Provider or by your place of business, you can register with that address and be assured that unless you make it visible yourself, ONLY site administrators will see this email address.

SITE POLICY:
  • ALL REGISTRATION ATTEMPTS COMING FROM FREEMAIL ACCOUNTS (hotmail, yahoo.*, gmail, etc.) WILL BE REJECTED.
  • ALL REGISTRATIONS COMING FROM PROXY SERVER PROVIDERS (AOL, MSN, etc.) WILL BE REJECTED.
  • ALL REGISTRATION ATTEMPTS THAT APPEAR DUBIOUS WILL BE REJECTED.
Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.

Comments

• Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,556
    The price of becoming known to a wider population, I guess.

What a pain.
  • Whew--looks like I made it in just in time!  :smile:
  • It's not that interested people can't register. It's just now you have to sort of show me that you want to register for the right reasons. We're sorry it has come to this, but it's a one-time inconvenience, and this hoop shouldn't be too hard to jump through for anyone who really wants to join for the right reasons.
    I ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe.
  • cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,144
    It's worth the effort!  :up:
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,591
    Just to give you an idea of the mindset represented here, please understand that our content is composed of real life users and performers and the truth of respected opinions on guitarist / group performance ability, technical expertise, hands on experience with specific guitar, amp, effects pedal, recording equipment and software, honest reviews of products, We are not beholden to any manufacturer, true and honest opinions on cd releases as well as live concert reviews, a knowledgebase comprised of the best resources available, profiles that speak to the truth of accomplishments, and a wonderful banter between friends. Not just members..............Friends. We respect each other. Many of us have travelled long distances to meet with one another. We are concerned about each others artistic development, health, family life, etc.. Members of Dinosaur Rock Guitar are very much like an extended family. We work and care for the benefit of each other. We try to help with each others artistic / business endeavors, gear decisions, and future accomplishments. We are here for the benefit of each other.

Dinosaur Rock Guitar is not about the popularity of music styles. We're not about the latest "big thing". We could care less about the vast amount of music that has made the top 10 list of this radio station or that magazine. We don't give a flying f*ck what Billboard or anyone else says about what's cool and what's not.

Dinosaur Rock Guitar is not the place you want to be if you're an affectionado of the latest and greatest trends in musical quality and musical expertise. Everything, New and Old, Ancient and Modern, is judged equally against a baseline of skill level, material, production, stage presence, and the ability to understand, harness, and deliver the essence of true Dino Rock Guitar.

If your open to the truth of Hard Rock Music, do what you need to become a member. If you just want to profess your generations or your nitch groups opinion on music you should probably look elsewhere.
  • I support you on this Dave (and god knows my opinion counts for that lol), but it really is only a minor inconvenience, and a worthy price to pay to keep this as an above average quality forum, and a more pleasant place to browse than elsewhere.

Julian
  • JasonJason Posts: 1,931
    Yeah. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for Dave.
    You do what you have to do to keep this place free of spam and door-to-door salesmen.
  • BreakfastimeBreakfastime Posts: 2,152
    Hey it took me a couple of tries and an e-mail or two to Dave (something weird about my e-mail account) to get past security here-and it's totally worth it!  This is the least-spammed, most totally 100% forum I've found!

Thanks for going the extra mile Dave! :metal:

(or in the words of Nigel Tufnel: "we'd like to thank you for letting us in")
  • maybeyesmaybeyes Posts: 4,522
    Took me a couple of tries as well.  TBH, this is really the only forum that I am a member of where I check the site daily.  The others I check when I am looking for something outside of the purview of this forum for the most part.  You don't really need to go anywhere else. Such is the knowledge base and professionalism here on the forum.  I have to say that inmyhands is corrrect about the comraderie here as well.  Thank you Dave for your efforts in making this the most enjoyable forum. 

Now will someone pass the ketchup the table has gotten longer than my arms and I am getting hungry.  Family  :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :mrhappy:

Never mistake a clear view for a short distance.

• Butchers LustButchers Lust Posts: 565
    Same for me. I made a non-@hotmail account specifically to join this forum.