Alexi Laiho, 41

Guitarist and vocalist in "Children Of Bodom" has passed away 41 years.
No info on cause of death, just the info that he had bad health in  latter years.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-alexi-laiho-dead-children-23258250

Comments

• Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,932
    edited January 4
    I saw that too on FB this morning. Dying at only 41 is such a sad thing. He died last week, so it's one more gone in 2020. 
    Post edited by Seven Moons on
  • Andy GAndy G Posts: 1,103
    He was a very talented guy. This is so sad.
    "Practice cures most tone issues"
    - John Suhr
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 2,310
    He was younger than me. This is quite shocking and unexpected. 

One of my former co workers is gonna have a fit with this. Alexi was his absolute idol. 

RIP. Such a shame. 
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,697
    He's had mental health problems for years, and at least one previous suicide attempt. 
    I suspect that's what's happened. Such a shame. 
  • bourbonsamuraibourbonsamurai Posts: 1,638
    RIP  one of my favorites
  • Gunner4LifeGunner4Life Posts: 6,344
    Can’t say I was a fan, but that sucks. Young... 2020
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,597
    I was not a fan but he was talented and way too young. I have heard he had been an alcoholic since he was a kid. I was a pretty small guy to....ad that with 20 plus years of touring and I bet his liver was failing him. RIP...
  • StitselStitsel Posts: 2,190
    I wasn't a massive fan, but I dug some of his stuff & own 1 of the older COB albums......anyways, I thought he was a killer guitarist.I saw him on the Unholy Alliance tour (basically a package tour w/Slayer headlining) & I witnessed only a tune or two, but he was dazzling for sure, and he made it look so easy, I'll never forget that.The dude was a true talent, I could plainly see that.He didn't look too well the last couple of years, but I just chalked it up to a lifestyle of being a raging metalhead....now I wonder if he didn't have something terminal.....anyways, sucks & definitely sad anytime anyone young dies, but this guy I think is a true loss to the metal community.

RIP Alexi
  • MAdXMAdX Posts: 2,038
    Regardless of what you think of his vocal style and the music that he made, his playing was very Dino. Chops and melody for days. RIP

I remember getting blown away the first time I head the solo on this tune: (skip ahead to 3:15 if you just want the solo)

• mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,648
    Saw this too. Very sad indeed. I was very heavily into these guys in my late teens. Alexi was a scary good guitar player.
    Suicide was my first thought as well but his body might as well just as given up. I am under the impression he's not lead the healthiest of lives...