Chuck Yeager dies at 97

A true badass. Survived being a fighter pilot in WWII and a test pilot thereafter and lived to 97.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/07/us/chuck-yeager-dead.html
I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
-- David St. Hubbins.

Comments

• He was a towering figure in Air Force history, his accomplishments truly legendary.  RIP.
  • SnoogansSnoogans Posts: 1,708
    Running out of heroes here....
    Official DRG threadkiller
  • VandenbergVandenberg Posts: 3,939
    met him, got his autograph, Bell X-1 what a ride (owes a big debt to the M.52..) he truly did have the right stuff however 
    RIP a Legend
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,704
    RIP to a very rare person. A fighter pilot in WW2 and then setting milestones at the beginning of the space age.  You were one in a million Chuck Yeager. I salute you.

Shouldn't we be hanging out with Klingon's by now? What went wrong? It's getting kind of crowded around here.

Why does technology evolve so fast yet our journey to new worlds seem to race, stutter, stop, race, stutter, stop over and over again.
  • I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,932
    An absolute legend of the aerospace age!  RIP. 

I really liked this movie:

• The Right Stuff was great, and a rare case where the movie was better than the book.
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.