MSG Rock will never die promo

Wtf..not seen before,  this is ridiculous even by 80s standards!.  Looks like slash as an extra at one point!

Comments

• Yeah, that's slash. I saw that one years ago. Ridiculous on every level. 
  • Wow......wonder how come?
  • StitselStitsel Posts: 2,190
    That's awesome.....I'd never seen it before. Why so serious guys? This was the 80s, society wasn't as fucked up as it is now & people didn't take everything so serious, even if they took the music dead serious! I loved it.
  • VandenbergVandenberg Posts: 3,939
    Yep, this was what rock/metal music was like in 80's , vids and all, warts and all, it was put your fist in the air and scream, to all others it was fuck off, the glory days of metal ah bless, but I would not trade it for the world. ROCK ON.
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 8,000
    I've seen worse. I love that song, though I thought both it and the rest of Built to Destroy were far better on the RWND live album. BtD badly needed Birch or Nevison imo.
  • Gary, put your shirt back on.  Did Michael craw out of a dumpster? (that may have been typical in those days). What's the story with the black sperm guy playing chess?   Micheal should never be in a video without a guitar in his hands.  
    That was probably the best song (other than Captian Nemo) of that period on an album of mostly duds.  And very few videos from that era have aged well. 
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • Bent out of shapeBent out of shape Posts: 762
    edited November 2020
    I liked Rock my nights away and Gonna make you mine best on that LP. Overall was bitterly disappointed when it came out, live things were indeed much better
    Post edited by Bent out of shape on
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,932
    Gotta love the Michael Jackson apparition at 3'20   BWAHAHAHAHAH 
    Shirtless dudes are wrong. The Mercedes Benz and the chick in the video are trash versions of those on the album cover. 
    This is embarrassing. Even by 80s standards (and those were low). 

• eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,798
    edited December 2020
    Gary, put your shirt back on.  Did Michael craw out of a dumpster? (that may have been typical in those days). What's the story with the black sperm guy playing chess?   Micheal should never be in a video without a guitar in his hands.  
    That was probably the best song (other than Captian Nemo) of that period on an album of mostly duds.  And very few videos from that era have aged well. 

The guay on black reminds the 7th  Seal, Bergman, s movie. 
    The Death plays chess with the Knight. 
    Post edited by eduardoritos on
  • oh man, i love shit like this. nonstop WTF. 
    My music videos and everything else: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCledLngWDeoZ0rzjIU6Pxzw
  • MAdXMAdX Posts: 2,038
    Gary, put your shirt back on.  Did Michael craw out of a dumpster? (that may have been typical in those days). What's the story with the black sperm guy playing chess?   Micheal should never be in a video without a guitar in his hands.  

The guay on black reminds the 7th  Seal, Bergman, s movie. 
    The Death plays chess with the Knight. 
    Yeah, that's definitely a The Seventh Seal reference.

• Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,597
    edited December 2020
    that video is fairly typical of the 80's. Especially early 80's....that was '83. I don't think its any worse than most of the videos of that era. Back then we thought this was normal and it did not come across as cheesy or anything like that. I bought that album when it came out and still dig that one. It is more of an attempt at radio friendly songs, but I still think it's a very good record. "Red Sky' and "Dogs of War"  as well as 'Rock Will Never Die" and "Captain Nemo"are great tracks. There are really only 2 songs on that record I am not crazy about. I do admit it is probably the weakest release from the classic MSG era.....especially coming after 'Assault Attack'...which in my opinion is MSG's greatest and most adventurous album.
    Post edited by Duojett71 on