For the acoustic lovers

Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 18,283
edited November 2020 in General Guitar Discussion
This is pretty cool. They need to make it available as some kind of add on to existing guitars rather than having to buy this specific brand. Though to be honest, I'd only use the reverb and/or the chorus.

Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
-- David St. Hubbins.

Comments

• cvansicklecvansickle Posts: 6,293
    edited November 2020
    I'm glad he started with the reverb and chorus. I agree, those sound really good. But if he had started with the phaser or tremolo, I would have stopped listening right there. Nice build though, I could see coffee house style soloists using this guitar. It's not prohibitively expensive.
    Post edited by cvansickle on
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins!
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,704
    I think the very best "out of the sound hole" acoustic guitar effects are made by the Tonewood Amp. Reverb, delay, Leslie, Chorus and others are all available. It attaches magnetically to the back of the guitar.The only downside is the acoustic guitar has to have a pickup already installed with a cable input at the bottom end strap pin. You use this input to plug in the small Tonewood device that vibrates the back wood so the effects come out the guitars sound hole and spread out all over the room.

• mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,655
    edited December 2020
    Yamaha has an acoustic that does both the reverb and chorus. I've played one, it sounds and feels really good. That's what I would go for one if/when I buy a new acoustic :) 
    Post edited by mr_crowley on
  • DargavelDargavel Posts: 614
    inmyhands said:
    I think the very best "out of the sound hole" acoustic guitar effects are made by the Tonewood Amp. Reverb, delay, Leslie, Chorus and others are all available. It attaches magnetically to the back of the guitar.The only downside is the acoustic guitar has to have a pickup already installed with a cable input at the bottom end strap pin. You use this input to plug in the small Tonewood device that vibrates the back wood so the effects come out the guitars sound hole and spread out all over the room.

I had completely forgotten about this thing. I saw it when it first came out and it was $500CAD. That was a tough sell. Now it's on sale for $315 (and the price is a more reasonable $350). I put that in context and hell I've bought pedals for more than that. I'm sold.