Comments

• BytorBytor Posts: 1,692
    Man, that thing turned out to be a total POS :#
  • Zack! 
  • Bytor said:
    Man, that thing turned out to be a total POS :#
    Really? How so?
  • BytorBytor Posts: 1,692
    Severe case of Fangs for frets and I would have needed a 2x4 for a neck shim to get the action down to an acceptable level.
  • Bytor said:
    Severe case of Fangs for frets and I would have needed a 2x4 for a neck shim to get the action down to an acceptable level.
    Damn, that sucks. I hate things like that. I tried a MIM strat a few years ago that was like that. Truly awful craftsmanship, which is weird cause I have played others of the same manufacture that were way better. 
  • DargavelDargavel Posts: 614
    I think we're spoiled these days with a lack of real dogs out there. Even thinking back to the 90s/early 2000s, manufacturing of guitars has improved so much I almost don't remember the days of half of a wall of guitars being nearly unplayable. That said, there's always going to be a few that were made on a friday afternoon.
  • Dargavel said:
    I think we're spoiled these days with a lack of real dogs out there. Even thinking back to the 90s/early 2000s, manufacturing of guitars has improved so much I almost don't remember the days of half of a wall of guitars being nearly unplayable. That said, there's always going to be a few that were made on a friday afternoon.
    Just yesterday I saw a discussion on Facebook about buying guitars online. The poster said he didn't understand that since he has to play every guitar in the store before he finds one he likes. Everybody was calling him a crybaby and the like. That said, modern guitars for big brands kinda feel like a mass produced product to me. No real magic. Nothing wrong with them per se, just not special either. 
  • DargavelDargavel Posts: 614
    Absolutely. Although my favourite guitars are split evenly between blind online purchases (my Jeff Beck strat) and ones where I played a wall of guitars to find the best one (my Taylor). I think it's a lot safer to buy online than it ever has been, but that's very lucky for me because the nearest music store is two hours away from me these days.