New Accept track from the new album - Too Mean to Die

Andy GAndy G Posts: 1,103
Another new track from the new Accept album.

This is a lot more like it...

Starts a bit like Dio's Walk on Water, but it's a good up-tempo Accept track. 

"Practice cures most tone issues"
- John Suhr

Comments

• YES. This is MUCH BETTER!
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • THIS should have been the first single.
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • Now we are talking.

when the riff started I thought it really did sound like a Dio song. Then the drums kicked in and yeah, that’s an Accept song.
  • That sounds like ACCEPT to me!  =)
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,599
    edited January 22
    Musically both tracks are good.....but nothing very interesting going on with the vocal melody in either. Pretty uninteresting. Sounds like almost every vocal from every Tornillo era album. To me the boring vocal brings it back down to mediocrity. I have always thought that a song is only as good as the vocal.
    Post edited by Duojett71 on
  • eduardoritoseduardoritos Posts: 3,803
    Duojett71 said:
    Musically both tracks are good.....but nothing very interesting going on with the vocal melody in either. Pretty uninteresting. Sounds like almost every vocal from every Tornillo era album. To me the boring vocal brings it back down to mediocrity. I have always thought that a song is only as good as the vocal.

Agree. 
    Udo was strangely melodic, not so Tornillo. 
  • Andy GAndy G Posts: 1,103
    I like it. Though the vocals seem to be mixed a bit low and chorus is pretty lacklustre. The music is cool though.
    "Practice cures most tone issues"
    - John Suhr
  • The worst I can say about this last track is that it sounds similar to a lot of other recent Accept.  That doesn't bother me much.
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • mr_crowleymr_crowley Posts: 6,653
    I like what I hear, some really nice riffing!!

Is the album out yet? Seems to have been released the 15th but cant find it on Spotify to check out tonight.
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 2,313
    I would say most of Accept's recent output sounds pretty similar. I thought Baltes' absence would be more noticeable, but I suppose this has been Wolf's show for a long time now and he probably has always the lion's share of the songwriting.

That song is cool. Some cool and quite heavy riffing. Not to crazy about the rest of it but not bad at all either.
  • HaffnerHaffner Posts: 8,001
    THIS should have been the first single.
    You said it, what were they thinking with that first offering? This is waaaay better. Got my blood pumping, LOVE that nasty opening riff's tone.

This solo is the coolest I've heard from Wolf in awhile, this sounds very inspired and inspiring!

I'm about ready to dance lol
  • MelodicGritMelodicGrit Posts: 669
    Great driving riff there, gets the blood pumping.  Unpopular opinion but I've enjoyed all of the recently released songs, it's exactly what I want to hear from Accept:  mostly straight down the middle classic metal.
  • Dinosaur David BDinosaur David B Posts: 18,272
    edited January 25
    Not that unpopular. The only album I haven't liked since they came back was Blind Rage.  We'll have to see with this one. The first track they put out was iffy. The later two are better.  

I too was expecting to miss Baltes on bass more than I do, but it doesn't seem to be a sonic issue yet. 
    Post edited by Dinosaur David B on
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • Tatosh GuitarTatosh Guitar Posts: 2,313
    Not that unpopular. The only album I haven't liked since they came back was Blind Rage.  We'll have to see with this one. The first track they put out was iffy. The later two are better.  

I too was expecting to miss Baltes on bass more than I do, but it doesn't seem to be a sonic issue yet. 
    In any case, the unpopular opinion seems to be my own. I love Blind Rage.  ;)