Church song + vid

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I've been constructing vids with people from my local church of songs to use during the pandemic - no singing in church in the UK. 
And after pressure from a drummer (the beard + glasses one), ended up putting this together. He wanted solos, so from 2:16 that's what you have - sort of. My son is the youngest drummer, and also gets a guitar solo.
Stole the riff from a Scorpions song and changed the key, I played all the rhythm guitars (and re-did the bass - shhh!!!), mixed with a bit of help from my son, and made an attempt at a video. My wife got to play the cowbell. Maybe needed more cowbell.

And went a bit OTT - played my solo the day after Eddie died (RIP), so HAD to reference him (from 4:16).

Be kind.

Comments

• TravisWTravisW Posts: 1,044
    Nicely done! There's a bit of a "We're Stars" vibe with all the solos. I like that ascending tapped lick you did in there. 
  • Jay GJay G Posts: 2,695
    Very nice and catchy.  I thought it had a cool mid to late 70s power pop/rock vibe ala The Raspberry’s, Baby’s or similar.
  • good job dude, your kid's playing was my favorite part
    My music videos and everything else: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCledLngWDeoZ0rzjIU6Pxzw
  • Good playing, Nick.
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,701
    edited November 2020
    Thanks folks. I was quite pleased with how the guitars turned out - 5 tracks, the riff doubled and panned, the offbeat stabs ditto, and more sustained chords down the middle, quieter. Seemed to work at the time. 70's Jimmy Page plug-in. There were meant to be more people involved but we went into "Tier 3", ie nobody else in your house, and I was recording all the singers in my studio/garage. So anyone without their own recording kit was left out. Did the drums in various parts of my house just before that happened, which was good fun - contrasting styles and abilities. Each one was one pass, with a buttload of cross/mixing (and all 3 in at the very end panned R L and centre). Had to put the overheads from one drummer through a pitch shifter, he brought a 14" crash only and it was too tinny. And a snare sample under his hits (again, tight skin, no low end - yuck). I've got a personal mix where my son's the only drummer through the solos part. 
     B) 
    Post edited by Dr Nick on
  • The SeekerThe Seeker Posts: 628
    edited November 2020
    Loved it - Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves !

Post edited by The Seeker on
  • Nice song!