RIP Bond, James Bond. Sean Connery dead at 90.

AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,980
edited October 2020 in Bring Out Your Dead!
RIP my old friend !
I saw many movies that were better, just because you were in them.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18836874.sean-connery-dead-james-bond-actor-dies-aged-90/

Post edited by Agrippa on
zed.jpg 48.7K

Comments

• This year just insists on destroying my world. This man just WAS Bond. My favorite movies of the franchise featured him. I’ll admit he had a hell of a long run, but it still quite depressing to me.

RIP Sean. You will be missed.
  • inmyhandsinmyhands Posts: 11,704
    One of the best among the best. Debi is heartbroken. Sean was one of those fantasy loves that was a constant in her life and I never minded at all. I understood. The man, on screen, was pure magic. So many roles. So many excellent performances. RIP Sir Sean.
  • Fuck this year.
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • StitselStitsel Posts: 2,190
    Awww this sucks.How could you not love him? As inmyhands said, pure magic indeed.My 1st Bond movie ever, You Only Live Twice, made me fall in love with the franchise and made me a fan of Connery forever. Loved Kissy Suzuki too, but I digress....His other roles in other films were always great too, I thought he was a fine actor.

RIP to the original Agent 007  :'(
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,932
    What a presence. He was in a number of very good films, and also in a number of other ones which would have been mediocre without his charisma. 

I loved him in The Name of The Rose, and found him unforgettable in Highlander. 

But we're all getting older, and slowly losing a lot of our all-time heroes, landmarks and beacons. 
  • AgrippaAgrippa Posts: 5,980
    I´ll never forget, back in 1991 my then wife and my childrens mother went to the cinema to watch Kevin Costners "Robin Hood, prince of thieves" 
    Sean Connery only appears for about a minute and a half towards the end of the movies, but his appearence makes the movie better, and the entire cinema applauded when he appeared as King Richard. Indeed, what a prescence. 

• He'll always be my (and my father's) favorite Bond, but beyond that he really made, elevated or rescued every movie he was in.  RIP and thanks for the many many great movie memories.
  • My favorite role of his was Ramius in The Hunt for Red October.
    I threw me guitar out. Why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Because I can't play it like that. 
    -- David St. Hubbins.
  • Duojett71Duojett71 Posts: 9,597
    My favorite role of his was Ramius in The Hunt for Red October.
    Yeah that is one of his best for sure...what a legend.
  • Dr NickDr Nick Posts: 3,697
    Yup - no attempt at being Russian. Hire Sean, you get Scottish. Loved him as Bond, he was excellent in The Untouchables...I could go on for ever.
    RIP.
  • Seven MoonsSeven Moons Posts: 8,932
    My favorite role of his was Ramius in The Hunt for Red October.
    Yeah, that was a real good one.